DEI Valet 552T Remote Starter

i7believe

Reaction score
Hey guys, I bought a 01 AV6 used from this guy i know and it came with DEI Valet 552T remote starter installed. However, guy lost the transmitter and I can't really test it out. I know that older versions such as 551R, 551T can allow the factory keyless entry remote to turn on the car if it is programmed right. I am wondering if this model would do that too as well because I am using stock keyless entry. If so, would the programming procedure same as the DEI remotes or is there any special programming routine? I'd appreciate if anyone can answer my question.

DEI Valet 552T with 555u bypass
Factory Keyless Entry

i7believe

Reaction score
Thanks. I actually took out the brain box and bypass box. Car will start without any of those with my key (Key isn't honda stock). So I took out the valet key that was in bypass box and tried to start my car. It wouldn't start. I wish previous owner told me what he did to the car so that I don't have to troubleshoot all these but at this point my guess is that the actual stock immobilizer had been replaced.

Has anyone done DIY on remote starter?? anyone have any idea how to make my starter work?

Back