Any1 Got Tips On Installing The Avic D3

YoungxNutkase

Reaction score
I Got An New Avic D3, And Got My Old Wire Harness, I Was Just Wondering If Any1 Knows What Wires From The Power Cord Connect To The Wire Harness?? Do I Just Have The Match The Colors Of The Power Cord Wires To The Wire Harness Or No?? Hit Me Up

lashlee

Reaction score
As long as you have a standard aftermarket wiring harness, like a metra, then yes it should be color to color. If you've just pulled out the factory H/U, then go to your local specialty store and pick up a harness.

YoungxNutkase

Reaction score
another question, any1 know what color the speed detection lead is for the 02 accord, and what the color is the backup light lead??im new to installing stuff, just gonna wang it see what i can do... 1 more stupid question if im using buttconnetors, for the wires to connect do i have to remove a lil bit of the colored skin for the wire so it shows the lil wire thread to make the connection or can i just clamp it on like wire taps??

Last edited:

lashlee

Reaction score
I'm not sure of the two wires, though I've heard the VSS wire is a blue/white wire in the ecu. I don't know what the reverse wire is. As far as the butt connectors, strip a small amount of insulation, then insert it and crimp. I use them in almost all of my installs.

lashlee

Reaction score
can somebody tell me where my ecu is located? i have a 98 sedan... pics would be helpful lol... thanks in advanced

It's in front of the console, ahead of the air bag module, under the black heater box. If you pull the carpet back on the passenger side you can see the three plugs.

CHID0

Reaction score
What: VSS Wire
Color: Blue/White

I forgot what color the reverse light is but what i did the first time with my D1 was run the wire all the way through the car into the trunk. When i installed the D3 I checked what color wire went to the reverse bulb and then just located it under carpet at the driver's side door sill. Much easier.

Also use the brackets from the factory stereo, grind down the two little nubs for a clean install (not a must)

In the box Pioneer provides a crap flimsy piece of trim that doesn't fit. I suggest picking up a trim piece for the D1/D2 and sanding the sides down a bit for a clean look.

CNS8298

comes to about $25 shipped but well worth it:

random026.jpg

Back