custom enclosure

Mmblvl5

Reaction score
sup,
well guys I started to look around on here and some other sites at enclosures and to be honest with you guys mine looks pretty crappy and sounds almost how it looks because of all of the rattles here is what it looks like

100_0531.jpg

yeah I know right...
So at that I was wondering if any of you guys has had any experiance with custom enclosures and how I would go about doing one along with the cost of one I would take it somewere and get it done but none of the audio shops within a 100 mile radius will do one and I dont know any individuals that will do one also some help or links to somewere that has a DIY on one would be helpful

Mmblvl5

Reaction score
oh and the reason I am missing all of my panels is because when my mom owned the car somehow diesel got spilled in the back and she took out the bottom peace and when I got the car I didn't know how it would look untill it got finished but I pulled out everything and did that (my stupidity) so now I need to fix it because that stupid spray in liner sticks to everything I put back there

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
as far as the trunk liner goes, I'd check local junkyards and try and find it.

The rattles are most likely the rear deck + the trunk lid. There are a few different deadening products on the market that would help with that.

As for the enclosure, the fit & finish on that one looks pretty good so I'm assuming whoever built it took their time on it and knew what they were building. For music with a ported box, you usually want somewhere between 30-35 hz tuning.

You can google winisd or check the car audio sticky for a link to download a program that will help you DIY sub boxes, but you need the T/S parameters for your subs to make it work. If they aren't listed on the Memphis website, you can email the company and they should give you the info you need

Mmblvl5

Reaction score
no no no i dont want a box like that i want a custom fiberglass enclosure i want to know how to do that sorry i should of put a diffrent name but my subs are tuned at 37Hz and its my passenger door panels that are rattling and my dash i know it sounds odd but that is were the noise is coming from none from my trunk

lashlee

Reaction score
Thanks!! The entire old install can be seen at www.sounddomain.com/id/lashlee , though alot has changed over the winter that isn't on the sd page. I've also switched to bronze konig wheels. I plan on getting everything reposted sometime this week!!

Mmblvl5

Reaction score
i have my box that far back because i didnt run enough power wire so when i do get around to doing this install ill run about 5 more feet worth of 4 ga and a cap also because i am going to buy an amp for my door and deck speakers also

Back