35% tint

ryon527

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone had 35% tint on their car and could post up some pics. I'm trying to figure out if I want 35% tint or 20%. I'm doing the front side windows too which is illegal in nj so I don't want to go too dark. i don't want to be constantly pulled over. If you have 35% or 20% tint i would like to see, thanks :D

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
i can take a ****ty picture of my car and post up... i was in the same spot about 2.5 months ago, but finally decided to say screw it and got 20%. My friend has 35%, doesn't look bad but imo definitely isn't dark enough.

20% is illegal here too though lol, only supposed to have 50% on the fronts. So I'll admit, i get nervous and usually bump my windows down when I'm back in Williamsburg and see a cop. Out here at Virginia Tech no one's going to pull me over for tint though, the actually have better things to do

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
ryon527 said:
I'm doing the front side windows too which is illegal in nj so I don't want to go too dark. i don't want to be constantly pulled over.
so its illegal to put any percent on the fronts? i would say if you dont want to be pulled over, dont f with it lol. or get some 50% like on my car (i think thats what they are). if you want to mess with it, i like the look of 35% myself. not as "gangsta" as 20%, but still has enough darkness.

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
haha alright these are uber crappy pics but you get the idea

St+Patricks+Day+001.jpg

St+Patricks+Day+003.jpg

St+Patricks+Day+002.jpg

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
I have 35% on all 4 doors and 20% on the rear glass
Also remember, Depending upon how dark your interior is will depend on how dark your tint will look

405138_225_full.jpg

405138_231_full.jpg

ryon527

Reaction score
thanks for the pics guys. yeah I got the tan interior and the sunroof so the 35% might look too light. I'm going to get a black vinyl strip on the back window to cover up the dot matrix because its like 5 inches wide on the coupe. I wanna do the vinyl from the inside though. In nj your not allowed to have any tint on the front windows. The tint will look good with my blacked out window chrome trim that I spent way too long on.

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
that dot matrix sucks, the tinting people suck and ****ed it up for me. i try not to look at my car from the back, other than that, i got the darkest you could without being illegal...35%. in miami, cops hate cars...because some high school idiots **** it up for the rest of us. then again my car is white so it looks dark enough.

Blacknight, i like the color scheme of your car. i'm trying to do the same thing only the reverse. i think you got silver, am i wrong? i have an all white, so i want black lips and skirts.

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
yeah i got the vinyl strip on the inside of my rear window too, $10 or $15 (i don't remember) but it was worth it.

i have a sunroof w/ grey interior, so i'm guessing your car would look similiar to mine.

ryon527

Reaction score
Sketch o5 said:
ryan, go 2.5 % like mine, hahaha. i wanna get my front windows done at like 35% tho.

haha no way I gotta be able to see. I got inspection next year so I'm going to have to pay a garage to pass me. I don't feel like taking the tint off or my retrofit and tinted tails when I get those done.

Back