New Yorker dreaming of his Accord

DeathKing

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I've been dreaming about a 6th Gen for the passed few months. Im almost 17 so Ive been saving some money for my own car.

I drive my parent's '06 Passat 6spd and an '07 Pilot. Hopefully by the end of summer Ill have the money for a 98-99 V6 coupe or the 4cyl 5spd, I figured Id stay away from the 00-01 since those had the most transmission problems right?

Just a quick question for you 4cyl AT owners, whats the ride like? Is it that much slower than the V6, lets say it were to race a 03 Camry 4cyl, who would win?

Great to be here :beer:

DarkElegance919

Reaction score
i thought the tranny prob was for all 6thgen auto? maybe i'm wrong haha and the 4cyl isn't THAT bad haha. Welcome to the site bro.

pyaarawala

Reaction score
Depends on what you want. And yea, I think all the 6thgen auto trannies suck, especially V6s I heard. Since I'm auto I'd rather have a V6 than an i4.

nexTOme

Reaction score
wow there are noobier noob than leeann? :run:

welcome! :beer:

DeathKing

Reaction score
Thanks guys! They pretty much ****ed up all the 6th Gen trannys but only gave the 7 year/100k warranty to the 00-01 I'm pretty sure (not to say you can convince them with any 6th Gen for a replacement)

@ DarkElegance you have a 4cyl? What would you say your approx. 0-60 time is?

@pyaarawala did you mean to say you'd rather have a 4cyl?

and nexTOme, what?

DarkElegance919

Reaction score
my 0-60 time? hmmm i'm actually not sure haha never timed myself. i should try. but it's not THAT slow or anything. acceptable imo.

and pyaarawala meant he'd rather have a 6cyl. haha

and just ignore nextome, he like talking to himself.... hahah jk jae! =P

legendaryyaj

Reaction score
Get a 4 cyl 5spd. I own a V6 soon to be supercharged with a slipping transmission. I also got 142k on it though.

If you get the 4cyl, you can boost it and have less worries.

The tranny problem with the v6's do seem to bother the 98-99 more but its more or less just speculation. No solid proof because tranny's within all years seem to fail.

I had a choice between the two and I picked the V6. If I could do it again, id go for the 4cyl. The V6 does have nice amenity's though.

I know exactly where you're coming from man. It just sucks to dream about something and not get it though. I hope you get what you want.

Back