Asking about cat backs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hush

Reaction score
Does any one have or heard the Megan cat-back?? Alot of people say that Megan is a good company but damn that axel back is a fart can. I want a Apexi WS2 but man... 500 bucks vs the Megan 300 bucks. I was thinking about buying the Megan and throw away the axle back or sell it and buy the WS2 axle back. But if the Megan isn't too annoying i'll get it.

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
people tell me megan isn't that bad. retroshark was selling his a month back. PM him and ask if it's still up for offer.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
a guy on here was selling his megan catback, but it is a good cat back. i was gonna get it untill i figured out its just cheeper for me to buy the megan N! muffler (the one that comes with the cat back) and just get custom 2.25" piping from the cat back put on.

PiZauL

Reaction score
I heard a megan catback, and at high RPMS it sounded choppy and like death to the ears. But ok at lower RPMS.

HandoEX

Reaction score
I only paid $415 for my WS2 brand new from a local import performance shop. You should easily be able to pick it up for less than $500. IMO, it's worth it if a quiet system is what you're after.

cdubb77

Reaction score
Sketch o5 said:
a guy on here was selling his megan catback, but it is a good cat back. i was gonna get it untill i figured out its just cheeper for me to buy the megan N! muffler (the one that comes with the cat back) and just get custom 2.25" piping from the cat back put on.

That's what I'm doing. I have my Megan N1 muffler already. :D

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
cdubb77 said:
That's what I'm doing. I have my Megan N1 muffler already. :D

yea i know, haha, were gonna have identical exhaust systems....mines in the mail and coming on wednesday, hahaha. im gonna get mine set up like the apexi N1 systems tho, like angled a little up and towards the side. whats size piping you goin with cdubb?

cdubb77

Reaction score
Sketch o5 said:
im gonna get mine set up like the apexi N1 systems tho, like angled a little up and towards the side.

I was thinking about that too. I think I want mine to be str8 though. Not sure if I like the angled exhaust look on a 4 door 6th gen.

Here's a 6th gen with 2 angled N1 mufflers.
low21ov.jpg

Not really diggin' it.

Here's a 2 door 6th gen with a single N1 muffler. Not sure, but it looks angled.
back1ge1.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back