Camber issues

acrod99

Reaction score
I got a lot o' camber-just changed a tire out today cause it was down to the belts. the problem is that i love the look of negative camber, but it's killin my rubbers and they ain't cheap. should i get a camber kit, and if so, which one?

HandoEX

Reaction score
acrod99 said:
should i get a camber kit, and if so, which one?
I've heard very good things about Ingalls.

From experience, I can tell you do not buy OBX. I wasted $115 + labor for an OBX front kit that is absolute garbage.

acrod99

Reaction score
My tires already rubbed out most of my fender clips from turning/bein too low. would a camber kit push out the top of the wheel or suck in the bottom? if you know what i mean...

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Maybe you should try raising the car some. Get an alignment and make sure to ask for the spec sheet so you can see how far out of alignment it is and then pick the correct camber kit for it.

I'd recommend the ingall's camber arms b/c adj ball joints don't do much and w/ the camber arms they solve the problem of the upper portion hitting the fenderwell. You'll probably spend around $300 but think about what you'll be saving in the long run as far as tires go. Plus, it'll be easier for you to adjust the alignment later on.

acrod99

Reaction score
yeah, we had it dropped on just the coilover springs, and i think that did all the damage. right now, it isn't hittin fender, but i will look into an ingall's kit. thanks everybody.

Hammer03

Reaction score
spc is good as long as you dont go too low. they hit the strut tower under pressure if you're low. like me. and they leave dents and make a big thud when you bottom out. ask me how i know... haha.

steadypimpin

Reaction score
So if I were to lower my car with lowering springs then I would definately need to buy a camber kit and adjust the camber or it will eat up my tires if I dont? I will be putting the rims on next week and will probably want to lower it after. So I need to do camber adjustments if I lower it?

Back