electronics help

pewyee

Reaction score
I'm helping my friend install power door locks on his car (Not a Honda) I'm stuck right now and need some help. I wired everything color to color but now I need to hook the power wire to a fuse holder and then to the battery or a fuse box. anyone know how to do this? The power wire has some kind of plastic holder on it and I cant seem to figure out how I would connect this wire to the fuse holder.

Asian Invasion

Reaction score
use a blade style fuse and put female spade connectors the ends of the wire to put on the blades.

lashlee

Reaction score
I would find a 12v wire under the dash. Depending on the car, I may be able to tell you where, and what color wire to tap into. You could also go all the way to the battery.

pewyee

Reaction score
Take a look at the picture. The red wire on the left is the power wire, it has some sort of plastic tab on it. On the right, theres a fuse holder. The instructions told me to cut the loop on the fuse holder, which I did, and connect it between the red wire and power supply. I have no idea how to do this. By the way its a 1994 jeep grand cherokee.
IMG000014.jpg
[/IMG]

lashlee

Reaction score
Use a butt connector between the red wire and one side of the fuse. The other side would go to the 12v constant. If you cant tap into the car fuse block, sometimes there are extra taps for this reason. If you can, you can tap into a red/white or pink/black wire under the dash.

Back