Power output for the Auto climate control?

Uisgdlyast

Reaction score
I searched the forums but am unable to find which pins on the circuit board of the 01 V6 (doubt that matters) Automatic Climate Control are the power and ground? I know for the clock there is a ground and then a separate pin for the power to the clock and the power to the lights.

I'm trying to convert my bulbs to LED and with the failure of soldering directly on the light contacts I figure I would tap into the power source directly, which will prevent confusion too when I need to figure out where to put the anode and cathode. Plus it allows me to use a lot more LEDs :)

So if someone could tell me which pins (I know how to count pins so a pic isnt needed) are for the ground, and the power to both the lights and the climate control it would be much appreciated. Or at least tell me how to figure it out with a multimeter?
The harness has a red wire spotted gray, a red wire with a white strip, and I think a red wire with a black strip so I'm assuming these are the power/ground but I want to make sure before I hook 12V up to them and see if my LEDs light up.

The funny thing is I have a CD with the PDF version of the shop manual on it (the one that is better than Haynes and costs a lot) but I can't find the damn thing. So if someone can help I will make a torrent or upload the thing somewhere to prevent further such questions, unless ofcourse it doesnt include anything electrical.
I'm sure a lot of people would appreciate it since it cost me like 20$, and the hard cover version is really expensive. :)

Thanks!

lashlee

Reaction score
Not sure about the other two, but the red/blk wire is the universla light wire in the car. It's the circuit tied to the parking lights.

Uisgdlyast

Reaction score
Well i dont know why i didnt think of it before, i was thinking of using the multimeter on the circuit board and not the wire harness. Went out to my car today, turned the lights on, and went around until i found the wire that has 12v with the lights on an 0v with them off. Turns out pin 13 is positive (red with black i think) and 25 ground (black).

Anyways I need more leds so I can have one for each button, until then i'm going to use the stock bulbs and just light up the auto climate control box. I tried to reverse polarize it like the clock but it turned out being really hard to see, i even took all the film off and turned it on, i had the film in the "best" orientation but it was still hard. I'll fool around with it a little more before i give up since i really like the way the clock looks(atleast at night).

Well after I count the bulbs I need to finish the gauges and the buttons i'll hopefully make one last order to superbrightleds, get this all together, and possibly throw up a DIY since the 01 and the auto climates are a little different.

Still though, if anyone knows the pin that will turn the climate control on that would be nice, that way i can sit at my desk and fool around with the polarization instead of in my car.

Back