infinity kappa vs ????

kn0x47

Reaction score
i've been thinking about getting infinity kappa 6.5 components. i was wondering if anyone knew of speakers that are a lil cheaper with similar quality? they cost about $150 on ebay right now...
let me know

lashlee

Reaction score
Goto a local shop and listen!!! Every speaker sounds different to everyone. For that much you can find a great set and take them home with you and not have to wait!!

fothermucker

Reaction score
It bothers me when people assume any name brand speaker is good - re: Bose. I've listened to a few Infinity speakers (they were coaxials) and hated them - no midrange at all and harsh exaggerated treble. Honestly, I don't know if Infinity speakers have improved since. Their home speakers don't do it for me either.

I have Polk MOMO 6.5" components in my SS and they're spectacular. You can probably score a pair off eBay for around the same price. I've also owned a pair of the older blue coned style Alpine Type R components. They were budget components back then and really good for the price.

Like lashlee said, listen to as many different models as you can through the same amp and head unit to get an idea of what you want.

white beauty

Reaction score
i have the infinity reference speakers right now and i think there amazing, a little cheaper than the kappa as well

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
lol i have infinity reference and i despise em...cant wait to get the mb quarts in.

waccord99

Reaction score
what i did...since u dont mind waiting....go to a local shop....see what you like....find them on ebay for 1/2 the price......o2 and beyma speakers are good...o2 are a bit cheaper price wise but both can get loud and stupid clear

white beauty

Reaction score
lol i have infinity reference and i despise em...cant wait to get the mb quarts in.

why dont you like them? there loud and sound crisp as hell, not much bass but if i wanted bass i would have gotten a sub

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
why dont you like them? there loud and sound crisp as hell, not much bass but if i wanted bass i would have gotten a sub
main reason: horrible control of the highs. i like "sparkly" highs, but they just overpower the sound. they really have issues with S sounds, which annoys me the most. listening fatigue at moderate (normal) volumes gets a 3/10 from me.

ehh...i got em free, NIB...they fit without mods so w/e. all i need is some mdf spacers for the mb's, mount the crossovers, and figure out where the hell i want the tweeters.

white beauty

Reaction score
^^ yeah ur definitely write, it goes from like a moderate level sound to just overbearingly loud, there is really no middle ground with these speakers

Back