Check In!!! PA Meet---MA,CT,RI,NH,NY Caravan

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
Ok, so the meet is about a month away, so I'm going to start our caravan thread.

This thread is only for the people planing on leaving the day before the meet!! Everyone else is **** out of luck. Mapquest it.

Leg 1: Meeting time 2:00pm
Initially the meeting spot for those of us coming from north of NYC is going to be the Penthouse Boutique at 9 Banner Dr, Milford, CT. It's real easy to get to, Exit 40 off I-95S. Google Maps is your friend.

I figure most of you will be coming down I95 from the Boston area. If anyones route takes them on I84 West through Hartford (Where I live), PM me and I'll give you an address to meet. I'll be leaving Hartford at approximately 1:00pm.

Leg 2: Meeting Time 4:30pm
After this, we meet up with the New York and Jersey 6thgens. This meeting spot will be the Citgo Station at 701 Chancellor Ave in Irvington, NJ (Exit 55 of I-78W). Again, Google Maps is your friend.

Leg 3
Then we're on to Hershey (just about 2.5 hours).

This is all tentative, if any of you have any suggestion, please do so. And again, this is for the people leaving the day before the meet, Friday May 2nd!!

Last edited:

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
Re: Hershey PA Meet---MA,CT,RI,NH,NY Caravan

One last thing, if your not on this list (Day Before List), getonitdawgonit.

You may be responsible for making your own arrangements, because I'm pretty sure room lists have been made. At least mine has.

pyaarawala

Reaction score

Hmm I guess for us NY people it would be leg 2. But it seems shorter for us Long Islanders to take the Verrazano, then Goethel's bridge to get to I-95.

This is the original method that google maps gives me when I put in the address for Days Inn in Hershey. With this route, we can meet Justin's leg 2 part of the caravan, right after GW bridge:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=....721242,-73.948288&spn=0.391862,0.917358&z=11

Now after changing the route to taking the Verrazano/Goethel's bridge route, we LI'ers can meet with Justin's caravan at the third stop, with all the NJ accords.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=...73.948288&sspn=0.391862,0.917358&ie=UTF8&z=11

Not sure exactly which one's shorter, but google maps says that the Verrazano route is shorter, and so does my Dad.

And lastly, this one seems to be the shortest, since it appears to cut straight through everything, rather than become a positive parabolic shape (GW bridge route) or negative parabolic shape (Verrazano). However, this involves serious city driving and use of the Holland tunnel, both which scare the crap outta me. :skurred:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=....712915,-73.964081&spn=0.376819,0.917358&z=11

Thoughts?

Last edited:

98akkordLX

Reaction score

This is what it loox like for us mass PPL, i will add the times for each stops after we all decide and confirm the times and also when we're about 1-2 weeks away from the trip. Also we havnt decided where all the MA ppl are gunna meet yet so once decided, i'll add another baloon 2 that map. But this iz what we're lookin at ppl. Leave some comments or suggestions if anything seems out of place(otha than pinpointing exact exact location az long as its within an inch diameter of where its pinpointed on the map).
DSC03626withstops.jpg

Crono139

Reaction score

I might be at Leg 3.

Not sure just yet.

CHID0

Reaction score

I'll meet up at the PH Boutique with three cars......anyone coming from Boston or north of Boston that wants to meet up before the first leg?

xi0utlawstarix

Reaction score

im still a 50/50
for leg 1...the mobil/mcDs reststop on 95S is a good meeting spot...its after exit 41. PH boutique is now Luv boutique

CHID0

Reaction score

Looks like i'll be leaving the Bean @ 11:30-ish

98akkordLX

Reaction score

Chido, im leavin frum nashua NH, and we'll also meet up with another accordigan Troy(haccord91lx), whos from 20-30 mins west from boston, i dunno where we shud meet him up at, we'll decide that with him later, but i'll meet u up in beantown sumwhere, U decide, once we do decide, i'll plot up the 0.5leg on boston where eva we decide 2 meet up at. Arent there anymore ppl showin up from MA/NH area?
AND BTW, THATS ABOUT THE TIME WE PLANNED(ABOUT 11:00AM) ON LEAVING FRUM BOSTON AREA 2 SO WE CAN HOP ON2 JMILLER'Z SCHEDULE WITHOUT DELAYS.

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score

Hmm I guess for us NY people it would be leg 2. But it seems shorter for us Long Islanders to take the Verrazano, then Goethel's bridge to get to I-95.

This is the original method that google maps gives me when I put in the address for Days Inn in Hershey. With this route, we can meet Justin's leg 2 part of the caravan, right after GW bridge:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=....721242,-73.948288&spn=0.391862,0.917358&z=11

Now after changing the route to taking the Verrazano/Goethel's bridge route, we LI'ers can meet with Justin's caravan at the third stop, with all the NJ accords.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=...73.948288&sspn=0.391862,0.917358&ie=UTF8&z=11

Not sure exactly which one's shorter, but google maps says that the Verrazano route is shorter, and so does my Dad.

And lastly, this one seems to be the shortest, since it appears to cut straight through everything, rather than become a positive parabolic shape (GW bridge route) or negative parabolic shape (Verrazano). However, this involves serious city driving and use of the Holland tunnel, both which scare the crap outta me. :skurred:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=....712915,-73.964081&spn=0.376819,0.917358&z=11

Thoughts?

If there is someplace that would be more convenient for you guy on I95 let me know. We'll be getting off the NJTP just before Newark Intl.

im still a 50/50
for leg 1...the mobil/mcDs reststop on 95S is a good meeting spot...its after exit 41. PH boutique is now Luv boutique

For now I'm going to keep the meeting spot as the PH (Luv) Boutique, as thats where we met last year.

Looks like i'll be leaving the Bean @ 11:30-ish

Sounds good, do you still have my cell so we can keep in touch if one of us is going to be late?

You should be in charge of coming up with a meeting spot for the people coming from NH and the Boston Area because I have no idea.

Last edited:
Back