Shawty got low.--Suspension. (56k go make waffles.)

pattywak

Reaction score
Well yesterday I installed my suspension on my car with the help of my friend Chris and some last minute help from Danny here in the shoutbox. Thanks again! Here are the pictures...

The morning started out with my car like this...
IMG00203.jpg

I met my friend at his house and we went to the local Honda dealership for their weekly burgers on Saturday for some free food. Good stuff! Saw this in the showroom too...Mugen Si = yummy. I sat in it but I was so scared I would break something I got out fast.
IMG00205.jpg

IMG00206.jpg

When we got to the shop, this was the spring compressor we used - it was supposed to be mounted on the wall but it hadn't been mounted yet so we just threw it on the floor. Thanks for letting us borrow your tools Toyota!
IMG00209.jpg

Danny told me that I might need to have someone stand on the brake hub in the rear to help coax the struts out, so me and Chris took turns hanging like so and yanking down...it was like a grown-ups jungle gym.
IMG00210.jpg

IMG00211.jpg

The parts from the stock struts were so rusted onto the pistons we had to eventually use some "finesse" to get them off...
IMG00212.jpg

We used probably a whole can of this Rost Off...it's like super WD-40.
IMG00214.jpg

Here are 3 of the assemblies completed.
IMG00213.jpg

The car went up at 2:30, and came down for the last time at 8:30...
There wasn't a lot of light so here was a shot of the rear looking sexy.
IMG00218.jpg

And two side shots for comparison...the first in the morning before leaving for the shop and the second was taken today at my dad's house.
IMG00204.jpg

IMG00225.jpg

My mom thought it would be a great time to test out her camera when I got home...6 hours of work right there.
DSC_0473.jpg

Thanks for all the help through this process guys! I love 6ga.com. :thumbsup:

Note:pics taken on my cell phone. Sorry for the quality! Better stuff coming soon.

Last edited:

pattywak

Reaction score
Roger that. I remember reading somewhere to let the springs settle before getting the alignment -- is that true? Also, we broke the endlinks to my rear swaybar so I'm rear swaybar less until I can get enough for a replacement set of endlinks. Do aftermarket rear sways come with endlinks? Just wondering. Also, am I in any danger driving without it? I plan on taking it slow and easy until I get it fixed.

Mojeans69

Reaction score
am i the only one to notice the Tein springs in the 1st pic has a seat belt on them:thinking: dont want them to go through the windshield in caae of an accident:rofl: nice drop...should go down more in a few weeks though:thumbsup:

pattywak

Reaction score
am i the only one to notice the Tein springs in the 1st pic has a seat belt on them:thinking: dont want them to go through the windshield in caae of an accident:rofl: nice drop...should go down more in a few weeks though:thumbsup:

Hey I'm not afraid to say I buckled up my S-Techs. Don't want anything happening to them! lol. I do it to all my important stuff that I can put the seatbelt around. When I take my xbox 360 places I click it down too. can't wait for the springs to settle either!

[email protected].

Reaction score
You'll be fine driving w/o sway bar links. You just won't have the benefits of the sway bar, so it'll lean more in the corners. I forget if the ends of the sway bar (the section after it bends to the front) are long enough to reach the ground, but you may want to tie one side up to be sure.

I don't think an aftermarket swaybar will come with links.

Last edited:

pattywak

Reaction score
We just took it off instead of having it hanging there. Thanks for the suggestion though.

pattywak

Reaction score
Thanks. I'm already glad about the wheel gap being gone and it'll only get better as the springs settle.

Back