Intake dirt?

HondaGus

Reaction score
just yesterday i went "STREET RACING" and befor i do that i make sure the car is running 150% i raced my friends Civic EX AUTO with a 50shot of NOS and 19inch wheels, anyway long story short i won by 2 cars all 4 times we raced, he is crying LOL, anyway

as i was cleaning the intake with intake cleaner, i looked into my intake pipe to see dirt? but its not like i rub it out looks like old oil dried up with some dirt in it, now i DO NOT have my stock intake to clean it..... should i just order and new intake or just clean this one out?

HandoEX

Reaction score
I would recommend getting a new intake pipe with a good filter. If any dirt gets into the intake manifold, there could be trouble. Better safe than sorry.

HondaGus

Reaction score
question is oil supposed to be going into the INTAKE? where i have connected the intake i see a lil bit of oil around the RIM...

HondaGus

Reaction score
well i took my PCV off and i cleaned it i tried to blow in it and it was SHUT closed i walked to R&S bought a new one for 4.00 bucks i blew in it, blew right threw it ;)

i guess i fixed my problem with the PING PING,

but only way to find out is, after driving it ;) keep you all updated.

Totalimmortal

Reaction score
Your PCV valve SHOULDN'T be causing detonation. All it does is put pressure on your piston rings at idle and normal driving to cut down on blow-by. At WOT it does nothing. Never hurts to replace it though.

HondaGus

Reaction score
well the cars Ideals Nice, and thats pretty Much it, anyway the Ping is still there, but I'm gonna change the cap and rotor.....i haven't done that yet.

Last edited:
Back