the auto climate control debate 2006

Neight

Reaction score
I was looking at 2.3 cls and they come with auto climate control
if you took that control module, get the v6 sensors and the right parts, baam auto climate control no? if it was only that simple, but yeah the 2.3 cl is the same engine so it should also mean that it should work both ways, no? I want to research that and see what is really up with making the auto climate control work. anyone else down ?

Neight

Reaction score
accck , I'll just get the exv6 after college , btW doesn't the 6thgen have a detuned version of the NSX engine?

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
http://www.v6performance.net/forums/showthread.php?t=63817&highlight=auto+climate
heres like a 2 second search on v6p. the only reason id considering converting to auto climate is the fact that i wouldnt have to touch the cold/hot knob way over on the right of the dash to keep the windows defrosted or keep it one constant temp. i also hate that whenever you switch modes, it turns on the a/c. i never use a/c unless its 85+. why would i want it on when its 10? i know it dries out the air, but i dont see a use for it.

Hammer03

Reaction score
Neight said:
accck , I'll just get the exv6 after college , btW doesn't the 6thgen have a detuned version of the NSX engine?

no. the 5th gen had a C series engine, c27 i think, and the nsx has a c30/c32 i think? but definately not a J series

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
Neight said:

haha, we all wish. if they did, i think most of us would have the v6's. but ill stil to my 4 banger with a whole lot less tranny problems.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
Hammer03 said:
no. the 5th gen had a C series engine, c27 i think, and the nsx has a c30/c32 i think? but definately not a J series
you got it. the 3.2 came in 94 or 95 (i forgot). and btw, the c27 sucks. the 5th gen i test drove with it was boring.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
ryan s said:
the only reason id considering converting to auto climate is the fact that i wouldnt have to touch the cold/hot knob way over on the right of the dash to keep the windows defrosted or keep it one constant temp. i also hate that whenever you switch modes, it turns on the a/c. i never use a/c unless its 85+. why would i want it on when its 10? i know it dries out the air, but i dont see a use for it.

haha, what, do you have short arms? hahahaha. just kidding. but yea, i dont have that problem with the a/c doming on when i switch any modes, just when i put the defroster for the front on.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
Sketch o5 said:
haha, what, do you have short arms? hahahaha. just kidding. but yea, i dont have that problem with the a/c doming on when i switch any modes, just when i put the defroster for the front on.
hahaha, nope, no short arms here. im almost 6'3" haha. heres the reason i hate reaching for that knob:
http://freehosting.6thgenaccord.com/v/ryan+s/car+pics/DSC00151.JPG.html?g2_navId=x89ee3992&g2_fromNavId=x596c47cd&g2_navId=x89ee3992
(sorry for the link and not a pic, but i have to figure out the free pic hosting wildman set up so i can do that). yes, when i fold down my backseat it rests on the front seatbacks. i have to lean forward to get that stupid knob lol. i can reach the radio find with my hand on the shifter, but its that extra 4 inches that kills me...

that defroster mode is what i hate. i never use the a/c with it--does anyone else? id convert to auto so that i wouldnt have to reach over and get the hot/cold knob, adjust the fan speed, and switch between head/feet/defrost etc just so my hands arent burning or my feet are cold. is it worth the effort? if you had you entire dash apart already, id say go for it, but otherwise, i guess deal with the inconvenience. my .02.

Back