removed the resonator box

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
today was a bright and sunny 52 degree spring day in wisconsin...time to work on the ride! i took off the res box (as in the title lol), and i must admit, even though it doesnt feel faster, it sounds beautiful. when i first got the car, i was like "hey, i can hear 'the honda sound' in this engine...a little." but now over 4000 rpm, it roars. i took it for a quick spin around campus, and i scared one dude with an svt focus :cool: heres what i learned:
1. my fender liners dont come off
2. my front bumper has no clips on the front side
3. it was easier to take the bumper off than mess with the splash shields
4. theres a lot of dead bees under/on my car
5. that box is HUGE http://freehosting.6thgenaccord.com/v/ryan+s/car+pics/DSC00158.JPG.html?g2_navId=x56e0acd9 (still working on embedding pics from the 6thgen pic hosting lol sorry)
6. those little clips suck a$$
7. it took me longer to figure out that i cant get the splash shields out than to take the front bumper off

sorry if this is a "who cares?" type of thing for most of you. im just so excited that i got to work on my car in great weather and about how nice it sounds. and oh yeah, im soooo lucky i found a long extension for the rear bolt cause that shield wasnt goin nowhere:p

acrod99

Reaction score
good job! haha i have no splash shield underneath and my passenger fenderliner fell off on the highway one day(too low for too long, tire wore through it)! but still, i'm glad to see others getting their hands dirty.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
acrod99 said:
getting their hands dirty.
haha i wear mechanix gloves:p i cant resist sarcastic comments, sorry:) short of getting something welded or aligned, i dont see why people wont put their parts on by themselves. its aggrevating sometimes, but its fun to get dirty and the sense of accomplishment is like none other. as long as you keep everything in perspective and orderly you cant go wrong. man, i could never imagine paying someone to put on something so simple as a sway bar or whatever. if you can turn a wrench or screwdriver, you can do it!

blindside

Reaction score
Interesting... I'll try and do that when i put on some new headlights. :)

blindside

Reaction score
Sketch o5 said:
my front bumper only has 1 clip holing it to the splash shield on the bottom, cuz it wont come out, haha.

for real? i wonder how many clips i still have LOL

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
haha, yea, i still have the screws in the corners and the bolts, and the top 2 clips tho. the splash gaurd thing just rests on my bumper, haha, its got enough overhang, and i always try not to run over curbs and stuff.

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
i took out the splash guard cause of ****ty parking when i first got the car. it started hanging and dragging so i had a friend take it out for me, and the resonator. it's nothing spectacular or amazing, but definitely freeing up the space made the sound prowl...more like a meow maybe.

Back