Bare Essentials

acrod99

Reaction score
Hey, since i'm getting that turbo soon, i'm thinking of guttin' the 'ol accord. i just got my second sparco seat yesterday, and i'm leaving a few things. i plan to remove the carpet, back seat, trunk lining, and maaaybe door panels:eek:. besides, stripped cars are badazz in my opinion, and it might go a 10th faster! haha. just lookin for opinions, thanks.

whitey2kaccord

Reaction score
ive also heard of people removing the sound deadening goop thats under the carpets too. Theres a pile of the ****, so you could prob. shave 10 lbs. Just a thought. :D

HandoEX

Reaction score
In my opinion, you shouldn't do it. Having a car torn to peices is not worth a tenth of a second, IMO. You WILL NOT feel any difference in your butt dyno from shaving the carpet, door panels, and trunk lining.
I wouldn't suggest removing anything that doesn't weigh alot that can't be put back on in a couple of minutes. I'd remove the back seat on track days and re-install it after racing.

Good luck in whatever you decide to do!!!

acrod99

Reaction score
yeah, well ive already lost my system, sold my passenger headrest monitor-replaced by the sparco seat, and really the trunk is easy to remove, and i did plan on scrapin the sound deadening stuff too. we'll see how it all goes, i'll keep you posted. thanks for the advice, guys.

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
well, having known people who have been caught in the situation, getting pulled over and having the cop notice your gutted interior isn't fun. zero chance of not getting a ticket - he will assume the worst (you think you're a badass streetracer who's wreaking havoc on the rest of the traffic).

but also, i'd never do it because of how much it would suck for daily driving. you get a TON more road noise w/ no back seat or carpet. That's what all that **** is there for. So if you do strip your interior then get used to listening to nothing except whirring tires, because you have to crank the stereo way up to hear anything at all. i had to drive around for about a week with my back seat and the trunk lining in the trunk out, and it sucked balls. it was so ****ing loud on the highway, especially everytime a rock or something was thrown up into the wheel well.

acrod99

Reaction score
yeah, my car already has crazy amounts of road noise, and with the turbo, i probobly won't get sick of hearing the car before winter hits. i plan to park it then, so next year is when i will really have to worry about it. the cops round here ain't that bad, and i play it pretty safe since if i do ANYTHING illegal for the next year, i get a felony on my record from the caddi (modification after inspection). if i'm good, they throw it out, so i don't do anything to get pulled over for. thanks for the advice, though, i appreciate the lookin out.

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
cool, lol you're more dedicated then me, i couldn't deal with all the road noise. i need my music :D

ryon527

Reaction score
go on a diet and lose 20 pounds so you can keep your door panels

acrod99

Reaction score
haha-i already lost 20lbs since feb! i'm only 160, guy! i was kiddin around bout the 10th thing, i just figure if i'm gonna strip it, might as well strip it bare! Go big or go home! haha-i'm so lame

ryon527

Reaction score
i went to a car show and some guy had an accord with a stripped trunk and no passenger seat and he said he did autocross. he had a bright idea of lining the trunk with plastic and made the spare tire well into a pond for the show for some strange reason. Like he had plastic trees and everything...

Back