DRL's

uhkord98

Reaction score
not sure if this goes here or not. but i have noticed that the canadian 6th gen accords have DRL's in the high beam. so im trying to figure out what kind of bulb is being used, and where can i get the parts to do it myself. oh heres something i found cool the other day, i saw a 5th gen sedan with the lights on the side of the front bumper that i think light up with the turn signals. canadian? oh and with the DRL in the headlight, anyone know where its mounted?

Last edited:

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
i wonder if its a different rear housing (the grey thing)...? i want to move my parking light on the bottom of the headlight to the high beam section, and possibly add drl/city lights. whoops, i just gave away 2 of my secrets:eek: titaniumacc should be able to answer this one for us:D

uhkord98

Reaction score
yea you see i was thinking of doin that too, but with my new DIY blackhousing headlights im gonna keep the 194 bulb underneath the headlights there. just not sure what kind the canadian accord uses for DRL.

Neight

Reaction score
are there any one on this forum from canada that can help us? haha I want to get DRLs as well. is there some sort of modulthat goes along with it? i know that there is a place for the fuse.
let me know if someone comes up with a good plan.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
whitey2kaccord said:
Can't you just turn the headlights on yourself and save some money? :confused:
the drl's are a bulb inside the high beam housing, so theyre on the inside near the grill, different from turning the headlights on, but i know that you know this:cool: what some of us want to do is put another bulb inside the high beam housing so that it has the look of da integras and older tl's 94?-98 with its parking lights on (without the turn signals being on). also jdm integras have em. chyeck out dis pic yo:
http://freehosting.6thgenaccord.com...TR+Front+Sunset+1.jpg.html?g2_navId=x40ef19ee
but yeah, those are pretty bright--anything id do would just be to illuminate the housing, not to shed light on the ground lol.

whitey2kaccord

Reaction score
^^Oh, okay, I see what ya'll mean now, I was thinking DRLs like in my grandma's monte carlo, and was like "why"? But yeah, that'd look nice.

Back