breather

Neight

Reaction score
what does a breather do? the little thing that looks like a mini air filter.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
theres a hose going from the valve cover into your intake. it does just what its called--it lets the head breathe. some say removing the hose and adding the filter keeps the oil in the head instead of it going into the intake. but it really doesnt. personally, its just a rice mod that brings more mesh into your engine bay, and replaces a black, craptastic silicone hose with something bright and shiny.

whitey2kaccord

Reaction score
ryan s said:
its just a rice mod that brings more mesh into your engine bay, and replaces a black, craptastic silicone hose with something bright and shiny.

Basically yes, thats what it is. :D The hole the breather filter covers is one of two PCV (positive crankcase ventilation) valves that recirculate unused gases in the cylinder head back thru the intake mani. People put the breather filter on there as a rice mod.

Totalimmortal

Reaction score
Also helps if you have some rust showing on the coolant hardline and need a way to get rid of it. Don't ask me how I have rust there, I couldn't tell ya.

cdubb77

Reaction score
Check with blacknight. He has a breather. Pic below.

p10106096di.jpg

whitey2kaccord

Reaction score
Well, see Blacknights in the pic above? In that position, it doesn't suck air. It blows air back out into the engine bay, so you don't need to spend all that money on a K&N filter that won't get any use. However, you can put it on the intake tube and get some suction there, but I'd just do like BN and loop the hose around.

ktz_04

Reaction score
check this pics
breather

Attachments

• IMG_0266.JPG
    IMG_0266.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_0265.JPG
    IMG_0265.JPG
    70.2 KB · Views: 146
Back