Senior Photo's, need some feed back (*large pix* 56k not a chance)

hiddengamer7

Reaction score
I shot some senior pictures for my friend (yes Leeann, THAT friend) and I need some feedback on what I should do with them and any pointers for the next shoot. I have a few more people that want me to take senior pictures for them and so any advice or C&C would be very appreciated.

2443513741_1aee1a3723_b.jpg

2444342182_ed92ff8de8_b.jpg

2443522121_2b26e9588b_b.jpg

2443523973_5d86c7cf92_b.jpg

2443511077_62e7df8956_b.jpg

Link to the rest of the pictures

6genaccord

Reaction score
The only thing right off the bat I could see as being a point in a critique is the lighting of the face in the portrait shots. Clearly by making Lauren your center of attention you want focus on her. (#'s by Flickr stream) Pictures 3, 7 and 10 are strong. However 2, 5 and 8 have some distracting shadows, namely on her face.

Additionally in photo 11 - I do like very much the contrast you brought out in her dress. However, there is way too much blank space in the top of the picture. To balance it perhaps cropping the photo just above the tree top or lamp post.

Other then that I see some very good composition in several pictures that keep it interesting beyond the realm of "oh there's a girl in a photoshopped picture"

Well that's just my opinion. Good luck! semesters almost over!

hiddengamer7

Reaction score
Thanks so much for the advice, this was my first serious shoot for any seniors, and I am looking forward to doing more next year, so we will see.

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
looks good but like stated above me, some of the pictures have some harsh shadows which make it hard to see her...do you have a windshield sunblockers for ur car?? i have heard of people using those to reflect some light onto the subject...ghetto way of doing it if u don't have any lighting equipment..

#1 is probably the best that u posted..i like #3 also even with the shadow..#5 is also very good...One thing i did notice, not sure if it was u or her, but lots of the pictures do a really good job at showing some emotion..they seem very real and not posed..

hiddengamer7

Reaction score
She is one of my closest friends, so the whole time we were talking and joking and stuff, which really helped translate genuine emotion. I used my flash a little bit, but I still need to work on getting that to fire correctly and what shutter speeds to use with it.

shavedaccord

Reaction score
They look good. I'll agree though the shadows are a bit harsh. You could get away with adding like a subtle diffuse glow or blur to some of them for a more portrait/dreamy feel.

Back