too much wax/waxing?

Slowtime

Reaction score
Just wondering how often you guys wax your car? I typically wash my car weekly and wax it every other was ie. 4 washes per month, 2 waxes a ,month. is this too excessive to wax?

i usually wax the hood ,top, and trunk a lil more often/heavier than the rest of teh body parts.

ryon527

Reaction score
you should be good. what kind of wax are you using? just don't use dawn or any other dish detergent or the wax will strip.

HondaGus

Reaction score
i wash my car like everytime its nice out. lol i wax it 4 times a month....every weekend.

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
Seriously, I wash my car about 3 times a week.
What gets me is when I see another car that just came from the carwash that looks all clean and spotless. Then I'm like, ok after work time to hit the wash.
I normally wax about 1 a month. But I use that Meguires quick detailer abour twice a week. It makes your car look as if you've just waxed it.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
i wash my car every weekend.........havent waxed it since ive owned it, i bought it in august 04, hahaha. like i said, i should do that sometime soon, haha.

Slowtime

Reaction score
blacknight said:
Seriously, I wash my car about 3 times a week.
What gets me is when I see another car that just came from the carwash that looks all clean and spotless. Then I'm like, ok after work time to hit the wash.
I normally wax about 1 a month. But I use that Meguires quick detailer abour twice a week. It makes your car look as if you've just waxed it.

we in the same boat man. i get jealous when i see another car. i wish i could wash it more often but the mrs. puts a limit on how much outside of her time i can spend with the accord and being a newlywed.......... you know how it goes.

i use the meguairs in the burgandy jar, comes with a lil a lil applicator. i have had this wax for nearly a year and a half, lasts much longer than the bottled form i used to use.

wg2k7

Reaction score
ive never waxed my car, only had it for about 8-10 months though. i usually wash it alot but yesterday was the first day in about 3 months.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
Sketch o5 said:
i wash my car every weekend.........havent waxed it since ive owned it, i bought it in august 04, hahaha. like i said, i should do that sometime soon, haha.

wow, tht's a loooong time without wax... i wash my car once a month, and wax it every 2 months... i use zyemol (sp?) wax... once a yr, i'll do claybar, quick polish and wax :D

Back