pulling the head off is easier...

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
...than blackhousing headlights. i got one completely apart (took over 3 hours), then started on the other one. i realized "hey, i might not even be able to get these back together, so why am i trying to take the second one apart?" my drivers side one came apart finally, but the passenger side one had so much silicone on it i think i sealed it better as i was taking it apart. its definitely been resealed some time in the past by the dealer, because its the same compound and the rest of the silicone on the lights.so i got maybe a tenth done with the passenger side one, when i gave up. i dont want to destroy the plastic. i dont want it to leak. and i definitely dont want to ever take it apart again. someone sell me theirs, or send your blackhoused ones and ill trade for my stock ones. this is so ridiculous. between the golf ball-tennis ball size hail we got last night and my fingers having no skin left, i give up on them. im going to take my pinstripe off now. i dont think ill be in over my head on that, although this car does make everything super difficult...

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
hmm, i just redid mine the other day, i think it took me 45 minutes, haha, and i even added some silicon cuz i needed to. how were you going about it? i start to pry it apart at the inner corner, you need a flat head screw driver to pry a little bit, but what were you using to heat it up?

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
i was using a heat gun, like i always do. i can open a dsm corner to clear it in less than 5 minutes (my buddy wants it done to his newest dsm too lol), so ive done it before with a lot of success. i started in the inner corner, and i used the 2 screwdriver method. one is used for prying, and the other is used to keep the silicone from sticking back where it was before. its just such a b!tch to get them apart, for some reason. i think its so hard to get them apart because the silicone has no where to go, except onto the screwdriver, then it gets built up and turns into a club etc. it might be all good though--i have a potential seller for some blackhousings, so i can keep my lights, just in case i have to return it to stock. im still mad i couldnt get it apart though.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
that sucks man, haha, ive never had the "club" syndrom with my screwdriver.......i guess Honda just globbed your silicon on there, haha, i wish they gave me some of yours, haha.

Back