Pushbutton Start

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
whitey2kaccord said:
Ive heard that if you don't wire it exactly right, it could catch on fire. Anyone else heard this?

LOL, probably right.
The same with running any type of electrical wires and not connecting/fusing them properly :D

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
whitey2kaccord said:
Ive heard that if you don't wire it exactly right, it could catch on fire. Anyone else heard this?

wires catch on fire mainly because of two things

1. not using a low enough gauge wire to support the amperage that will be passing through it. for instance, using 18 gauge when you should be using 14.

2. not fusing the power wire. you should put an inline fuse when you do add extra wires, and the fuse should be within about 6" of the power source (i.e. battery).

angelplus

Reaction score
lmao. i was working on my buddys car, for got to ground it i guess... i dunno what happened becuase something was connected wrong. since my buddy wired everything on my friends car, my other friend turned the lights on, the wires just lit up and burned around 10 wires next to it... added roughly 3 more hours to a wiring job that usually takes 30 minutes.

just make sure you ground everything, dont connect possitive to negative /vice versa, and all that good stuff. just make sure you know what you're doing before you do it.

ryon527

Reaction score
with that pushbutton you still have to have the key in right? you just turn the key to on I guess and push the button?

00J

Reaction score
ryon527 said:
with that pushbutton you still have to have the key in right? you just turn the key to on I guess and push the button?

She you still need to put the key in the ignition, becuase of the security chip.

djpm05

Reaction score
you can relocate everything which is what I am going to do. of course mine isn't going to be just push button, but ya know;)

Slowtime

Reaction score
i know this is old but, i am just curious as to if anyone has a push button starter like in the s2k installed in a 6th gen?

2.any pics on where you would mount the button? whats the general consensus on it?

3. can you still use the factory key to start without using the push button?

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
i wish that link worked, i might be sort of interested in this now, but oh well. ive seen the button mounted where the 12 volt outlet is on the console, but thatd be useless to me since i need to use that EVERY time im in my car. but yea, ive seen it mouted there, and i think it looked pretty good there too.

Back