Tires rubbing in the rear? - clicky

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score
Just thought I'd share this for those of you who wanna ride slammed with wheels and are currently rubbing....most people will tell you to roll your fender and with certain wheel setups you will have to...but there is something that comes in contact with your tire way before you have to resort to fender rolling....

i've had this done for a long time and it works very well, which is why i only have after pictures but i think i have pics that show you exactly what to cut and are pretty self explanatory...

all you need for tools are
jack to jack up the rear(also jackstands for safety)
tire iron to remove your rear wheels
screwdriver or socket to remove the screws holding your rear bumper on
dremel with diamond cutoff wheel

these are pictures of the cuts you need to make on the rear bumper....this is the first place that you will rub...be careful to make the cuts pretty clean....patience and thinking ahead will make your outcome more professional...you can do this with the bumper still on the car....and use masking tape to guide where you are gonna cut...

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg

IMG_0006.jpg

these last two pictures show the little white piece of plastic that is gonna make the rear bumper line up flush with the fender....after doing this you will no longer use the screw that went in it....just the plastic piece....and you can see i trimmed the plastic guide piece down also....

if you have lower offset wheels with camber correction you may have to use the dremel on the actual metal that the plastic piece goes into in order to stop the rubbing....i have 7.5" wide wheels with +42 offset and I had to...as you can see i didn't have to roll the fender....i may have pushed it up a little with my hand at the rear of the fender...but even tho the tire is less than 1mm away from the tire....due to the rear camber increasing as the tire tucks it doesn't get close...in fact it gets further away when you hit a bump...

IMG_0007.jpg

IMG_0010.jpg

anyways if you have any questions feel free to ask...you can see the final product in my current signature picture...

DarkElegance919

Reaction score
i still don't see how the plastic piece could hold the bumper flush since you cut that section of the bumper. good diy nontheless! =]

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score
in the last pic its the white thing that is in focus....ill take it out when i get home and take a pic if that helps...i did this in kind of a hurry last night so im gonna keep adding to it as i have time...

BlackDeathV6BG

*VIP ACCORD*
Reaction score
Thanks man...I'm def gonna do this cause I have serious rubbing on that metal tab in the rear.

Last edited:

DarkElegance919

Reaction score
in the last pic its the white thing that is in focus....ill take it out when i get home and take a pic if that helps...i did this in kind of a hurry last night so im gonna keep adding to it as i have time...

sry to be so troublesome :bash: haha but i just can't see how the bumper could stay flush if the hole that was partially cut isn't a full circle any more. i'm confusing i know haha sry!

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score
sry to be so troublesome :bash: haha but i just can't see how the bumper could stay flush if the hole that was partially cut isn't a full circle any more. i'm confusing i know haha sry!

well with most peoples bumpers....when you don't use the white piece...the bumper sits in too far....so it really only holds it outward....so it doesn't need the other half of the circle

Sakuradrops808B

Reaction score
I already did this before and i also had to bend the metal parts behind that bumper cover.
Its a perfect solution to a perfect problem.
Thanks for helping other 6thgeners.

Back