need help on photography skills

lwlba

Reaction score
well... me, tommy and a friend attempted a night time photoshoot with my crappy point and shoot sony camera... i played with the OEV and ISO a bit.. but alotta picture still came out really bad. here are some that are BETTER but still looks like shiiiit. I can almost draw better haha.

DSC01526.jpg

DSC01530.jpg

DSC01535.jpg

4. note i tried so many times but this is the best it came out of. tommy's car looked even worse.
DSC01545.jpg

DSC01565.jpg

DSC01573.jpg

DSC01577.jpg

SOOOO..... any tips??? HELP!!!! haha how do i take better night time picture? or picture in general? w/o having to spend an arm on DSLRs before i get my skills up. thanks in advance.

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score
use tripod...set ISO down as far as possible...turn flash off....tray to stay away from framing in bright light sources....all your cars are dark....so having one bright spot and the car being a gigantic dark spot is throwing off your exposure metering...

leave OEV alone for the time being...

Last edited:

lwlba

Reaction score
flash off? but what if it's not bright enough?

and i always thought iso has to be high o_O haha could that be the reason? i mean the quality of it looks like it came from a 0.5 megapixel camera so pixelated.

lwlba

Reaction score
and im assuming flash is what caused the crystal/white balls in second picture?

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score
when making a picture...you are letting light into the lens....it takes a certain amount of light to get a correct exposure...

by using a tripod...you ca turn the flash off....and ISO down....and let your shutter stay open longer to get enough light in....

ISO is like amplifying the light that comes in...the higher its set....the more sensitive the cam is to light but quality goes down....

and flash is simply not needed with a tripod....

lwlba

Reaction score
oh dam! that cleared it up for me. i always had something else in mind, but good thing you just pointed it out about the iso. lol i love you!:love:

[email protected].

Reaction score
That High Dynamic Range (HDR) technique that changaroo used for his sig is hot too. That could work for a setting like the night shot, if you have a tripod that is.

Back