Post Whoring

talontsiawd

Reaction score
I have to say, i've been a bit turned off by some sections of this forum lately. Especially off topic. I just seems like there are so many thread that you post in, just for the sake of posting. Some are fun at first but just go on forever and ever. I think this is more on the users than the forum set up. I swear i know more about many members personal lives than there car, or knowledge of cars. I don't know, i feel like a hater but i also only want that personal aspect in small doesages, i feel like it's taking over the board.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Yeah, i mean, obviously people like it. As for the shout box, i never used it. I think it's because i don't talk all that personally, i just see all these things and am like WTF? why do we need an 8 page thread about such and such. Don't get me wrong, i love the forum, i just see people posting all day.

I remember i was called a "post whore" for awhile because i was very active. But most of that came from thread i made from my led conversion that pretty solid in info. I didn't know exactly what i was doing, i got feed back, figured it out, and showed others. Now we have the same with girlfriends an cooking dinner lol. I don't think it's bad at a point, it's just now, there are thread just to whore for fun.

shavedaccord

Reaction score
I see it as two ways..

Post whoring - ends up burying important threads in a mess of pointless ones

ban all/most off-topic threads - A dead forum, non-active members.

So as you can see post whoring is both good and bad. But I feel without the "post whoring" this forum wouldn't be the tight nit group that it is. In the end we still help each other out, so it's not like the automotive aspect of this community isn't taken care of.

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
take EH for example. great site for turbos and h22 swap and general knowledge

but 3-4 new threads a week is sad sad forum

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Yeah, i understand that for sure. I think it's not something to be elimated. I have my forum, i basically "streamlined" my off topic stuff into one area.

Also, another forum a frequent...They just have a section for members who have been around for years, hand picked (could be automatic) where they have a private section to just BS. I think that might really cut down too, without making it inactive.

I'm not tremendously concerned, not about to leave, and if it went on, i don't mind, i just personally feel it can be a bit much. Like i said, if i was a new member, i would be confused so that's an issue. I know the mods and admin know how to deal with it best though, i just figured i'd put out a suggest, i know there are different opinions, and more importantly i know that mods/admin know more than me. so yeah, just bringing it up.

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
i hear what your saying..and i do agree that it is good that we are a close knit group...but i think it has come to the point where it is 2 much post whorage..few threads lately have any point..and if they do have a topic at the beginning..give it a day and it is just people posting smiley faces at each other..which to me is really annoying...and i think that could hurt us also because new members could sign up and be turned off with the lack of purpose in threads..and they wouldn't get any of the random shat that goes on..i rarely get whats going on now haha...i stop looking at half the threads on here because i don't get it, and they serve no purpose...which is why i move tons of threads to smackdown...so i will probably be hated soon :Starwars:

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score
i think it's good to be active...we shouldn't punish people for post whoring....just make sure that when you post...to add something to stay on topic to make sure the original question gets answered...make sure the original question has been taken care of before getting off topic....and keep respect for the topic in general if you aren't the original poster...

recently i've turned alot of threads that got out of topic just by reasking the original question...and if post whoring is what is getting people to respond...it's a price we gotta pay to keep the forum fun...if you feel a thread has gotten off topic...put it back on topic...don't bitch about it...cause that just makes things worse(not to mention seems to initiate a :badger: attack)

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
yeah i get what your saying..but i think we are passed that point...most threads have no point lately...i am ok with the post whoring to an extent..but when it is crap about like the pedo bear, or other stupid stuff i think it is annoying..i am going to try and see if i can get a whole new sub forum added specifically for the whoring haha...because general chat isn't enough..maybe make a subforum called Post Whores :D and of course posts don't count :D haha

ohh and if they want to attack...bring it on, i have the skittlez on my side... :D

:nutkick:

Back