Neuspeed/no name brand sleeve type coilovers

zze133L

Reaction score
sup guys.

i've got a 2000 accord, bought it used. thing is, it was lowered by the use of sleeve type coilovers.

i've been meaning to replace the struts and shocks since i got the car, so i decided to do it today. to my surprise, i didnt even have to use a spring compressor.

are sleeve type coilovers like that? all i had to do was loosen the allen screw and then turn the height thingy (i dont know the proper name lol) all the way down and then unbolt the top.

also, even after replacing the front struts. there's still a squeaking noise when i go over bumps. i take it that the spring is bad?

any help appreciated!

Phut

Reaction score
there could a numerous reasons to the squeaking. maybe the sleeves aren't seated properly, for got to tighten something, or the springs itself. does your car have camber kits on it? that could also be another factor to the squeaking since i read that some camber kits got that issue.
on my last accord, my springs(Progress Sport) squeaked cause they were brand new and was going through the break-in process. my Tein SS did the same when i first got them installed.

Here4U2nv151

Reaction score
Make sure that all of your sleeves are even and tightened. Make sure the little thing that you turn to make the spring go higher or lower on the threads is alos even.Mine are always slipping down and become uneven and than make that squeaky sound.

Back