6thGen Exclusive! TSX/Accord Projector Headlight Retro 23 pics 56k=days of waiting :(

jdmgear

Reaction score
I decided to post some pictures of my TSX/Accord Headlight Retro. Please keep in mind that if you have any questions I might not respond for a few days. So please be patient :D. The headlights I used were OEM stanley which in most cases should matter. I guess I'm the type of guy that likes the name brand/OEM equipment.

The TSX projectors I used were matching lenses and bowls. As you can see below in the cutoff/color pictures I also did a washer mod which gave more color in this area. The Shrouds I used were the Audi A4. I am still in the process of finishing this retro. I will post more pictures as I progress.

Test Fitting the TSX Projector
P1010006.jpg

Test Fitting the A4 Shroud on the reflector housing
P1010008.jpg

Front View of the Reflector Housing cut
P1010011.jpg

Back of housing (uncut) with projector
P1010009.jpg

P1010017.jpg

This picture shows how the TSX projector looks if it were mounted from the front. As you can see the bolts would need to go through the projector housing, which I wanted to avoid since the Audi A4 shroud would not cover these up.

P1010041.jpg

Rear view of the projector on the back of the housing
P1010043.jpg

Test fitting a custom braket before its cut.
P1010047.jpg

P1010048.jpg

This is what the projector and the bracket would look like from the back. As you can see even If I mounted the projector on the back housing it would still need to go through the reflector which I wanted to avoid. Hence the custom bracket.
P1010049.jpg

Custom bracket cut and holes for the projector drilled.
P1010051.jpg

TSX Projector in housing with no shroud
P1010053.jpg

Test fitting A4 Shroud with the top of the reflector cut.
P1010057.jpg

TSX cutoff with no washer mod
P1010059.jpg

TSX cutoff with no washer mod
P1010060.jpg

TSX color with washer mod :D
P1010065.jpg

P1010067.jpg

Taped off the corner reflector and off to paint
P1010073.jpg

Finished reflector Housing
P1010076.jpg

Finshed Front headlight
P1010116.jpg

Side angle of Headlight
P1010115.jpg

Last edited:

671CG5

Reaction score
Very clean! Love it! Awesome job!

I wish I had one! But I ain't got flow for that right now!

If anyone is throwing away theirs throw it my way..... hehehehe ;)

du3ce

Reaction score
looks clean man, i think im gonna change my shrouds this summer to some oem ones.

ryon527

Reaction score
Looks good, i'm confused though. What is that bracket attaching to, the back of the headlight housing? Also aren't you going to have problems with clearance with those projectors sticking so far out of the back of the headlight? I have to my retro done before may 6th.

jdmgear

Reaction score
Looks good, i'm confused though. What is that bracket attaching to, the back of the headlight housing? Also aren't you going to have problems with clearance with those projectors sticking so far out of the back of the headlight? I have to my retro done before may 6th.

Thanks for the comments ;)
Ryon if you look at the picture number 8 you will notice that there are two holes were the mounting bracket was bolted down. One is were the 9006 reflector cover was/bolted to (far bottom) and the other that was a predrilled hole that was not used in the OEM application (upper right hand corner). If you look at picture number 8,9,10 it will give you a better idea of what I am talking about.

As for the clearance I do agree they stick out further back, however I am in the process of making a rubber boot/cover that will make it look OEM and as for the clearance I more than likely will need to mod my windshield washer reservoir to make the headlight fit.

ryon527

Reaction score
jdmgear said:
Thanks for the comments ;)
Ryon if you look at the picture number 8 you will notice that there are two holes were the mounting bracket was bolted down. One is were the 9006 reflector cover was/bolted to (far bottom) and the other that was a predrilled hole that was not used in the OEM application (upper right hand corner). If you look at picture number 8,9,10 it will give you a better idea of what I am talking about.

As for the clearance I do agree they stick out further back, however I am in the process of making a rubber boot/cover that will make it look OEM and as for the clearance I more than likely will need to mod my windshield washer reservoir to make the headlight fit.

thanks for the clarification. With the reservoir tube I believe people just unbolt it and zip tie the tube out of the way. I want to use some sort of bracket instead of just a zip tie. With the washer mod you just used 2 #8 washers on each nipple on the bottom right?

jdmgear

Reaction score
thanks for the clarification. With the reservoir tube I believe people just unbolt it and zip tie the tube out of the way. I want to use some sort of bracket instead of just a zip tie. With the washer mod you just used 2 #8 washers on each nipple on the bottom right?

That is correct two on each bottom nipple.

Back