dslr :)

sikjdm

Reaction score
so, lately ive seen pictures taken with slrs. quite frankly, im amazed at the quality.

i want one. lol sure ive always used digital cameras, in fact i have a fujifilm 5mp right now that i use. but now i want a slr. i was just going to ask some of you camera freaks what would be a good starting slr to get? id like to get what i pay for. i guess around 700ish?

Raymond

Reaction score
You can get a D40 or a Rebel XT for less than $500... pretty much the most affordable quality DSLR cameras you can get. :)

shavedaccord

Reaction score
^^ or the new XSI which is in the $700 range. You need to keep in mind though just because it's a DSLR doesn't mean your pictures are going to come out amazing. Takes a lot more getting used to than a point & shoot.

sikjdm

Reaction score
xsi is just the older brother of the xti? correct?
and as for the d series, i heard the d40 and 60 is pretty much the same but also there are some differences, what are those? i had to leave before the guy got to that part.

shavedaccord

Reaction score
xsi is just the older brother of the xti? correct?
and as for the d series, i heard the d40 and 60 is pretty much the same but also there are some differences, what are those? i had to leave before the guy got to that part.
Just a better overall camera. I'd honestly look into the rebel XT though.

sikjdm

Reaction score
yea a friend of mine just got hers today. and i got to go with her, so i could be more jealous. lol
she got the xsi, were prolly going to take some pics tomorrow with it to test it out and stuff (she drives an accord btw) ;)

Raymond

Reaction score
Yep, considering this will be your first higher-end camera, I'd save a little money and get the XT. That's what I'm aiming for right now at least, seeing as the XTi is more money and only has a slightly larger LCD screen and a bump in megapixels that doesn't make enough of a difference to be noticeable to the average person. XSi I don't know too much about, except that they've put out some pretty cool TV commercials for it. :rofl:

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score
if you don't plan on really getting into it...spend a little more on the body to start with....

if you plan on buying real expensive glass...start with a low end body to afford more glass....then upgrade bodies later....camera bodies are like cars...they come out with new ones and depreciate the older ones...but...alot of the higher end ones will shooot 100k shots...and you'll never shoot that much...so you might as well get like a 30D or something cause it will last a long *** time andyou can afford expensive glass later...

laosta479

Reaction score
i have a xti and i've iused the xt before i think it's easier to use the xti

sikjdm

Reaction score
wait, so the xt and the xti are different? when others said xt i thought they meant the xti :thinking:

oh and also, besides egay, where are some sites that sell some slrs for a good price?

Last edited:
Back