FastBrakes.com 13.25" BBK !!!

NASOHC

Reaction score

Ok, i finally got em'! Came in today and installed today. So far I have to say the kit was super easy to install. The parts are very nice & lightweight.

Kit included:

• Wilwood Super Lightweight 4 Piston Calipers
  • Wilwood Rotor Hats
  • Dimple & Slotted Rotors
  • Hawk Racing Pads
  • Steel Braided Lines
  • Bolts, Fittings, Adapter & Hardware
  • Easy to Follow Instructions

After the quick install, I broke in the system as recomended and I felt a difference right away! My car is equipped w/ABS too. I drove the car home and made a few stops after exiting the freeway, so far no problems or odd noises. I feel very good about this BBK thus far.

Here are some pics; they sure cover those 19" wheels nicely!

10cuvd1.jpg

3136anp.jpg

Last edited:

iHazSnail

Reaction score
Lets do it!
I say make a 13.25" Rotor club :D

pattywak

Reaction score
Those are sexy bro! Good pickup!
That black part that is around where the studs are, I'm guessing that's to prevent rust? I say that only because all of my rotors get rusty as hell in that spot and I'd imagine more expensive kits have something there to prevent the rusting...
...any other non BBK kits that have that feature?

IcyAccord

Reaction score
lol yeah, never heard of that rotor hat thing before. I thought it was a two piece rotor for a second.

I can't wait to get that wilwood group buy going on v6p. bah!

NASOHC

Reaction score
Those are sexy bro! Good pickup!
That black part that is around where the studs are, I'm guessing that's to prevent rust? I say that only because all of my rotors get rusty as hell in that spot and I'd imagine more expensive kits have something there to prevent the rusting...
...any other non BBK kits that have that feature?

That is a 2 piece rotor so the black hat bolts to the disc ring, it's hella lightweight! They also do this to be able to fit other applications - they'll use the same rotor, just change the hat for other bolt patterns. Hope this answers your question. Technically, It's not to prevent rust but it sure helps a bit.

looks sweet...how much weight is saved by going to this kind of setup?

I didn't weigh the kit but I can tell you that the calipers & rotors alone feel almost 1/2 the weight from stock. BTW: As I accelerate, I do feel the steering and pull to be slightly lighter. The only heavy part in the kit were the rotors and those are way lighter than the bulky 10" stockers. Less rotating mass weight, more HP right!

Last edited:

pattywak

Reaction score
Ah, I see what you're saying now. It's for application purposes.
Anyone know if there is a way to prevent that part of the rotor from rusting up? I can take pictures if someone needs clarification.

Back