Florida Track Meet @ Moroso

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
Alright guys I want to setup an event at Moroso. My goal is to have the course (not the quarter mile because that is :icon_gay:. I would love to be able to raise enough money to rent the track for a few hours for a group of us (be it 6thGen only or 6thGen+V6P+locals). My goal here is for us to have fun, do it on a course, and maybe learn something. I was inspired by my weekend at VIR so I want to bring some of that knowledge back. My target track date is within 1 to 2 months. If I have to raise money or if each person will just pay the $50 entry fee to hit the track (or whatever they charge for the course). I know Moroso is under construction but they have the Kart Course open, it's only 3/4 of a mile or so but it's good. Second option would be Tampa but that would cost WAY too much. Let me know.

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
hmmmm......i would deffinatly have to fix my lower ball joint first, lol

very interested

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
Anyone else? And yes Badger you'd have to fix your balls first. No nitrous on this track remember. I think I'm going to go next month just for the **** of going.

Raymond

Reaction score
Moroso costs a few grand to rent out, especially for a full day. They don't play around there, and I imagine it will be even more money once the track is re-opened with all the improvements. You'd be better off getting a group of you guys to head out there when a larger group (the SCCA guys, Porsche groups, etc) is already having a track day there.

I know a bunch of guys that are heavy into this over on the Mustang forums, if you'd like I could find out when the next event is. I know they usually stick to Moroso and Homestead Speedway, but sometimes they venture up to Sebring for special occasions. I'd really like to get out there one day.

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
I picked out Moroso because that was what was recommended to me by the Viper Club guys. It was that or a track in Tampa (is that Sebring)? Well, the best thing I saw was going out on a the track for $50 a day. They have limited slots available and its for autocross, so we won't all be on the track which I think is safer. The reason being that not all of us know our cars that well on a track and we won't have instructors telling us what to do. If you're down for the autocross let me know. I'll collect all the money and register us together as a group and if there is left over money I'll bring a cooler with water since it'll save cost buying water there.

joe80055

Reaction score
^ I'm down, my car'll be ready and equiped with a BBK, oil cooling mods, racing thermostat, and sways to compliment everything else I've done to it

danvar

Reaction score
Are any of you guys aware that Moroso has been closed for some time now due to remodeling and will be closed for another month or so??

danvar

Reaction score
Actually, they still dont know when they will be open.

Back