Buddy Club V-CON

Status
Not open for further replies.

Totalimmortal

Reaction score
So, I had an extra $50 I was just itching to spend so I picked up a V-CON. I'm well aware there are no gains associated with this. But I will say it is fun to tool around with though.
V-CON1.jpg

I can actually feel VTEC actuation now, so thats always good. Overall, I like it. But then again, I'm all for little gadgets even if they don't really do much. :D

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
wat is tht? something to change the VTEC engagement point?

Totalimmortal

Reaction score
Yea, thats the gist of it. I had also thought that I could feel our VTEC more with a higher actuation point, I was right. It makes 2nd and 3rd gear pulls a bit funner too. I expected to lose some low end, but I cant really notice it.

Totalimmortal

Reaction score
Wellllll, on the harness there are 5 wires. Red(+12V), Black(-GND), Green(RPM), Grey(VTEC input), and yellow(VTEC Output). It basically acts as an intermediary. You tap the RPM signal so it can determine your RPM's, duh. You set the RPM you want VTEC to engage at, and when you hit that RPM the relay clicks and allows VTEC to engage.

Like I said, it's fun to tool around with. I have mine set at 4000RPM and you can feel VTEC hit. Stock, our VTEC engages around 2300-3000RPM at the latest. When your that low in the RPM's and the motor isn't freed up enough, your not going to feel your VTEC engage. Most Honda vehicles have a high VTEC engagement point, the motor is free-er in the upper RPM's, hence you feel it more.

angelplus

Reaction score
hmmm.. my vtec controler had three wires... i think i bought the wrong one.

Totalimmortal

Reaction score
Buddy Club??

Well, I just got a CEL for VTEC solonoid malfunction. But I checked my oil and it was a bit on the low side. So for now i'm going to write it off as that. Added oil, 3 run cycles, no CEL. All gone, hopefully. Im going to run the full 5 quarts from now on.

Totalimmortal

Reaction score
I wish I had the money for a VAFC II. This wont allow you to alter your fuel maps, like I said, it's fun to tool around with.

angelplus

Reaction score
VAFC II = best you can buy with out buying a new ECU

Though I have seen them forsale online for about 250 which isn't bad at all, considering what you get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back