stereo, suggestions?

wg2k7

Reaction score
ok i have enough money to get a stereo now, heres what im looking at right now:

hu: kenwood dpx501 http://www.crutchfield.com/S-year6I...&id=morephotos&pi=1&i=113DPX501&display=L#Tab

speakers: 6.5" alpine spr components up front, 6x9" alpine spr in the rear

amp: alpine mrp-f450 (70x4)

and im not sure about a sub yet, i think im gunna wait on that. any suggestions overall because i dont know much about stereos. this whole thing is gunna cost me about $450

angelplus

Reaction score
i have kenwood, and kenwood is amazing, i'd buy another one if i got the chance.

Hush

Reaction score
If i ask me i rather go with a better, clearer deck, like Eclipse. If your looking for double din get this ...
http://www.eclipse-web.com/6600index.html
I want this so bad....
But really its a very good deck, i like my low model ecplise more then my friends top of the line alpine. Its just so much more clear then most decks. If you want a flip up single din get this....
http://www.eclipse-web.com/7000index.html
so far i'm glad with my eclipse and the brand hella lives up to its name. BUT.....
If your ballin out of contral get a nakamichi deck, the worlds ugliest deck in the world but its the best out there. I've talked to people that has had one before and they said they loved it, and this was back with tape decks still around. After the cd nakamichi's came out they loved that deck so much, i still think they even have it still, and they still have it till this day, they dont' mind that it can't play MP3s but if your getting an nakamichi now you'll have MP3 play back.
http://www.nakamichi.com/home.html
if you want to look at nakamichis.

Here4U2nv151

Reaction score
I have kenwood and I love it. I would def go for a kenwood. Eclipse is and awesome brand also.

blindside

Reaction score
alpine for me... had pioneer before :) kenwood is also a good choice.

Hush

Reaction score
I like apline too but if i was go spend 200+ on a deck i think i'd want the best so i'd go for eclipse but if COULD i want a nak deck.... but i'm not ballin out of contral, i can't even get a cat back...

wg2k7

Reaction score
how much is that eclipse double din model? im already looking at like 350 for that one which is half of what im paying for my 6 speaker system with an amp. i dont wanna spend much more as i dont have much more, i think that deck looks sick too.

Hush

Reaction score
I'm not to sure about the price of double din but if your an audio freak, you might want to take a look into the double din, what speakers are you getting? If you want a good bang for you buck for a sub get an IDmax and get some focals, the MB Quarts Q serise out of the question cuz i don't think you want to spend a g on front speakers alone. the rear you can just take them out, unless you want to be nice to people that ride in the back. For amps go with audison if you have a g laying around cuz audison amps are very good, or you can always go for a bang for you buck and get the old kicker amps. If money is a big thing, try to hold out little longer on the speakers and get a good deck first. Right now i'm still saving for a catback and a sub/amp i wanted, and get front speakers later on, not to long i hope. all i have is a deck and some rear speaker i picke dup for 25 bucks. my friend needed to sell them and he said he would sell to me cheap, infinity reference 6x9s. not the best thing in the world for bass but hey its better then stock....

Last edited:

wg2k7

Reaction score
im getting alpine spr components in the front and spr 6x9s in the back run by a 70x4 alpine amp

Back