i think i fig something out.....

HondaGus

Reaction score
as you all know this problem has been pissing me off.(JUST A RECAP) .......anyway long story short, my original motor spun a bearing and cracked the cam so i replace the motor to a F23A1 NON ULEV motor, since i got the car is was late march, since then i never USED the AC, everytime i put the AC on the car Starts to ping underload HIGH RPMS 4,000 to shift (AUTO)...

i don't know if anyone notice this when you put Ur ac on at a red light the RPMS jump up... well my car does that and when i shut it off at a red light i STILL see the RPMS jump up from 500 to 700, then when the car starts to idle at 500 i hear that click 700, and it will ping,

now i took the batter off the car for 5 min and put it back on and the car doesn't ping AT ALL, as soon as i put the ac on the problem comes back....i have tried this for 2 weeks and it WONT ping till i put the AC on... anyone know what the problem could be? EASY FIX? is my COMPUTER MESSED UP? please HELP.

HondaGus

Reaction score
i got this reply from honda-tech.com

"Many things can make your engine ping; but your AC / Ping question:
Check compressor clutch relay <– in your case I suspect this
Check condenser fan relay
Check also radiator fan relay

Remove your AC Belt and rotating the pulley by hand and feel bearing play and drag
Check your AC clutch pressure plate – Overhaul it if you can
Check your compressor clutch coil

Also check your EGR valve – and vacuum
Check engine even warning bulb OFF "

if u ask me im :confused:

Back