Why turbos are BAD and MONEY WASTING

Status
Not open for further replies.

nygamble

Reaction score
I need to know why our f23 engines are not meant for turbos....
im planning on getting a very small turbo, 5-7 pounds of boost, but everyone keeps telling me that im a retard for me to spend 2-3 gs for a turbo that will cut my engine life short and have alot of probs. and hot about the gas miliege.

you think a small turbo will do more damage than smiles?

tuning problems, air fuel problems, installing problems< except those problems

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
i think the problem people are concerned with is number 1, jealousy and envy. they are afraid of something not popular to do. how many turbo accords do you know in your town. that's the main response from the "general crowd." the technical problem comes from maintenance and tuning, but if you can afford a good person to work for you, then you know what, you'll be fine. if you don't know what you're doing, then you're an idiot. honestly, they say for the same price you can get an engine or a down payment for a car. but i say, it's your car you're driving it. at the end when you're done, see who's going to ask to borrow your car.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
FallenAngelHIM said:
but i say, it's your car you're driving it. at the end when you're done, see who's going to ask to borrow your car.
...and theres your answer and a great philosophy.

technically speaking, people hate on the f23 for a few reasons:
1. the v6 with s/c has more power without messing with the internals (but who wants an auto??)
2. the f23 is sohc
3. branching off of #2, your timing/tuning options may be limited if you dont have a great sohc tuner (bisi e[size=-1]zerioha has the fastest n/a unibody and uses an f22 with carbs:eek: ). he, for example, knows what hes doing.
4. why not go n/a with an h22 with more stock power than the f23??
5. no parts are made for it, unless custom (this is in general. i know other parts will fit.)
6. theres so many sh1tty turbo cars out there (you know that everyone has a turbo now) that people see one crapped out ride and think that boost is weak.
7. in reality, youd need to fully build the f23 to make more power than other engines that will fit in the accord (such as j35 swap with the s/c or j32 with the s/c).

so there you have a taste of haterade, f23 flavored. id love to have a turbo on the f23, cause its torque would give it that jump that surprises other drivers.
[/size]

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
if u go with a small turbo like 16g, then there will be little damage to ur engine

me... im goin t3/t04 .57 trim, cause our engine can start that turbo goin quiker than other engines (some)

go ahead and turbo... its ur car... a small turbo will be fun to drive

as far as tuning... EMS is out there IMO convert to obd-i... more tuning options. if no one has chrome or uberdata, then hit up cb7tuner.com and pm midniteracer x... he chips ecu's and does very quality work (know him and vouch for him, tell him i sent ya).

Have fun

99accordvtec

Reaction score
1. if youre driving an accord, youre obviously not too concerned with being the fastest out there in the first place.
2. With the headaches that an H22 swap would cause and all the time it consumes, i find it pointless personally, and you can always convert back to stock if you decide you want to sell it (if you have a turbo).
3. if you blow up an F23, big f'n deal. a new one is like 300-600 bucks, whereas an H22 is way more.
4. having a turbo accord, i know for sure the amount of attention and props people give you for having somehting that no one else possesses, even if it may not be the fastest ever. come on, theres how many turbo 6th gen accords in your town? or how bout your state? or maybe your region or the entire united states??? im sure you can count them on one hand. i mean my car hangs with most cars easily and i still have so much room for improvement.
5. you should do what you want. dont let anyone who has never had experience with a f23 turbo before give you any reason to rethink your decision. it is so much fun to have that extra power and the props are nice, when ppl hear it blow off or hang with them and gve you the look like WTF? thats a 4 door turbo accord? wow.

6. in reality, its just nice, its not the greatest car in the first place but if youre looking for some fun, boosting is the way to go, just prepare yourself for problems in the future.

hope i could help.

nygamble

Reaction score
Damn, im not looking forward to blowing my engine.....
im looking for like 200hp? or lil more?

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
then get a 16g... it will give about 200 hp if tuned right

with that small it will do little to hurt the engine

Totalimmortal

Reaction score
As long as it's tuned right you'll be fine. The 16g is a mitsubishi turbo if I recall correctly, right? Slowboy racing has a good selection of mitsu turbo's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back