What kind of auto shift knobs do ppl have?

Neight

Reaction score
what kind of good after market auto shift knobs do you guys have? I've seen some sliver ones but I do not know who makes em. They a long and have a button on top. ....<back to painting my tide pool scene>.......

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
i have the Razo auto buttonless knob............with my OEM shift boot DIY conversion:D

closeupdriversideNEW.jpg

Neight

Reaction score
that looks good, did you have to cut the shifter or anything? how does the "buttonless" work, did it require any other mods?

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
Neight said:
that looks good, did you have to cut the shifter or anything? how does the "buttonless" work, did it require any other mods?

you can cut the shifter shaft, but i dont want to. the buttonless works like this:

the bottom piece goes on first, then a round thing that you put 2 set screw into goes on so you can center it with the 2 tiny screws, but you have to make it low enough for top of the big spring that goes on the inside to be level with the top of the rod inside used to push the shift thing down. then you put the top piece on and itll be level with the top of the inner shifter rod thing and it just pushes completely down, and you move it to select the gear. if you would like, i could draw a quick thing i paint for you, its cake.

the only mod i did to the knob itself was to cut a groove in the bottom piece using the laythe that my dad has so that the zip tie holding the boot to the knob has something better to hold to. before i used tape and a zip tie to make a lip for the boot to hold to, but the heat inside the car from last summer would make the tape hot and gooey, and it would fall off, haha. so i cut a groove into the bottom pice of the knob and its butter now :D

turbocayenne

Reaction score
i had one like last year and i installed it my self. i bought the shift knob from autozone, but the problem was after 3 months i used it i couldn't release the key ,it was like it is locked. it happened almost all the time, do u guys know why the key can't be released even though i already put it on P..

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
the actual car key was stuck in the ignition and it wouldnt come out even when you put the car in Park?

if thats your problem, then you better take your car to the dealer, cuz the shift lock thing in the ignition had a recall cuz people could take there keys out of the ignition while not in park. im not sure, but your problem may also be another one of the symptoms. and its a recall, so you dont have to pay.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
ohhh, gotcha.......maybe the button on your aftermarket knob was getting the angled rod thing stuck or something. ive never tried to remove the key when ive had my knob pushed all the way down. ill check that out tomorrow.

Here4U2nv151

Reaction score
I have one and I will check on it tonight when I go home. I cant remember it off the top of my head.

turbocayenne

Reaction score
maybe it was like that. the symptom was the button couldn't be pressed, and if the button couldn't be pressed, the key would stuck on the ignition. next time i will buy the bette shift knob and let the professional instal it. i don't wanna let that happen again..
btw, do u know the best auto shifknob??? where can i find it??

Back