iPod FM Transmitter

klee

Reaction score
Anyone have one? I just bought a DLO charger/stand/FM Transmitter combo. I have to say I'm not very satisfied no matter which empty FM station I pick. I can always hear some faint static. Has anyone attempted to remedy this problem?

gswarriorsluvr

Reaction score
I owned the belkin and monster fm transmitter - interfernce, static - sound quality is bad. It's even worst when your cell phone goes off. If you have a aftermarket head unit, there are multiple options that connect to the cd changer or rca. I upgraded to the stock oem in-dash 6 cd so I can't connect anything to it so I use the ghetto lookin' monster brand tape adapter. May look bad but sounds great - no static!

klee

Reaction score
Whitey: I have an Alpine. Unfortunately it's the model before the iPod interface came out. I'll still take a look at it. The article might lead me in the right direction.

GSwarrior: I've only had it for 1.5 days and I am already getting annoyed with it. I preset two different empty FM stations. One works really well around my home but around work I have to use another station. I also noticed I'm getting EMI everytime I gas the car from a stop causing even more static. I can't do the cassette option since my Alpine is CD only.

Edit: I do remember having two additional auxliary jacks on the back of my Alpine. Hmmmm I'm sure I can hardwire this route.

Last edited:

wg2k7

Reaction score
i have a itrip, and its not horrible, but sicne you cant turn it all the way up or else its all static, its not that loud. first thing i would do is turn your ipod down to about 3/4 volume on the ipod, you cant have the volume all the way up. im gunna hardwire mine once i get my hu

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
klee said:
Edit: I do remember having two additional auxliary jacks on the back of my Alpine. Hmmmm I'm sure I can hardwire this route.

thats what i did, but i also bought the Belkin car charger, which has the headphone jack on it too. so i bought a y-split rca cable, one end the headphone jack, and the other R and L sound. plugged that b!tch into the charger, and then plugged the charger into the ipod. 24/7 music and dont have to worry about the iPod dying.

Back