Omni power

Bxflyist6thgen

Reaction score
Hey guys im getting some omni power coilovers the full version i wanted to know if anyone has them and what would they rate em thanx

theaccordian

Reaction score
I have the omnipower street full height adjustable coilover for 6 months now and I havent run into one single problem. Heres my review in a cliffnotes style.

Handling:

Night and day over stock. Spring rates are 10k front and 8k in the rear, where tein basics are like 7k front and 4k rear. Car sticks to the road, reduced understeer and bodyroll dramatically.

Ride Comfort:

One word STIFF. When first installing them ride was very firm and you feel the road alot more. If theres a bump youll know about it. RIde is more shocking, not bouncy, if you hit a bump, youll feel it, and the shocks damp the springs quickly and your back cruising. In the begininng the ride will be a little harsh but over time when the springs break in, its near stock but still firm, not floaty. I love it.

Installation/Height Adjusting:

Installation is very straightforward, becasue the springs arent fat like regular progressive springs, they are very narrow, so the coilovers slip in very easy. Height adjustment takes time.Omnis height adjust different from other coilovers. Most coilvers adjust with a spanner wrench and the spring. Omnis springs are preloaded meaning that they are fixed in place, so the spring stays in the same postion no matter the height.Omnis height adjust by twisitng the whole shock body. You have to remove the wheels and remove either the bottom or top of the shock and twist up or down. Height adjusting for me takes about 2-3 hours.

If you want a good balance of comfort and handling go with the streets. If you wannna turn your car into a autocross beast, go with the sports.Soemtimes I wish I went with the sports but I have to commute to school and work 7 days a week.Price wise and performacne wise they are cheaper and perform better than Tein Basics IMO.

heres some pics:

DSC01826.jpg

DSC01827.jpg

DSC01828.jpg

shock installed:
DSC01842.jpg

how to height adjust:
DSC01841.jpg

Phut

Reaction score
so the omni streets are like the tein flex? does the omni streets have damper adjustments also?

theaccordian

Reaction score
no. the streets and sports are not dampner adjustable, just height adjustable. But the sports have higher spring rates than the streets..

Phut

Reaction score
theaccordian said:
no. the streets and sports are not dampner adjustable, just height adjustable. But the sports have higher spring rates than the streets..
oh ok. the reason i ask is that the tein flex adjusts the height in the same manner but they have 16 way damper adjustments. i would've gotten the flex for my car but they don't make them. after reading your post, i thought about swapping out my teins for the omni's.

theaccordian

Reaction score
if you have the basics and think its too soft, swap to the sports. swapping over
to streets, there will be a difference, but not enough to justify $600 dollars.

theaccordian

Reaction score
Here4U2nv151 said:
excellent write up +1 rep point for you.

thanks when I ask a question I expect an answer. So when someone asks a question I like to be thourough, simple, and to the point with my answer. Makes life so much easier.

Back