Mission Impossible:Get to NA 150 WHP:Do you accept?

theaccordian

Reaction score
Mission Impossible: NA 150 WHP: Do you accept?

Background Info:
Since im pretty much done with my suspension and the show aspects fo my car.I always thought unless I go f/i, modding my f23(nopower)a4 is pointless. but after reading this thread over at h-t, I realized that it was in the realm of possibility. Ive decided to start a new project, get my f23a4 to 150 whp. To get to my goal. I am only going to be using bolt ons (I/H/E), ecu upgrades, and tuning. No forced induction, internals, test pipes. etc.Im trying to keep this setup as simple as possible, Im hoping to keep the cost under $2,000. Last but not least, I am going to do it while keeping my car as smog compliant as possible, that means all CARB exempt mods, im going to do ecu programming also but im using a spare ecu so I can interchange between my stock one for smog.

The Plan

Mod: / HP Gain / Cost

AEM V2 Intake / 3-5 / $220

DC Sports
Ceramic 4-2-1 / 2-3 / $330
Header

Magnaflow SS / 2-3 / $350
Catback

Spare ECU / NA / $70

JET ECU
Reprogram / 8-10 / $330

Apexi VAFC II / NA / $270

Dyno Tune / 5-10 / ?

Mission Objective

20-31 whp gain+ stock baseline(125 whp)= 145 whp-156whp

cost= $1,570+

For all the haters out there saying its a waste of money, itll still be slow. You all can go play in traffic. Im not doing this to run 13's or find the cheapest way to get power. Im doing this becasue I got to work with what I got (f23),
I want to learn about my car, and I just want to make my car faster than it is.

so stay tuned....

Last edited:

kapao818

Reaction score
Nice. i have pretty much everything the HT thread guy has. except for the 5-speed, ecu, tuning, rims, high flow cat, and 93 octane gas. now i want to see if i want to get the Jet Ecu. good luck tell us how it all goes! i'm going to get dynoed tuned soon, if i can find a shop that does it for under $100.

theaccordian

Reaction score
thanks. I dont have a 5 speed either. Heard hiflow cat does nothing. also take into account he has a POS Ebay header and still got to 150+ whp. The H-T guy has alot of ignition/electric upgrades as well. lI was considering igniton upgrades but Im hesitant casue Ive heard that you gain pretty much next to nothing.

or are they worth it?

theaccordian

Reaction score
Status report:

V2 installed
DSC02237.jpg

DC header just arrived today:
DSC02232.jpg

DSC02233.jpg

Magnaflow Exhuast arriving tomorrow

ECU payed for awaiting shipment

JET ECU Reprogramming Package payed for

Header and Exhaust getting installed in two days.

nygamble

Reaction score
ill be watching this thread as well, its like a tv show with a motivated f23 dood that wants his car to become faster, thats his mission... his goal... his dream... will it come ture.... find out on the next season ... Turbo CHARGERRRR

theaccordian

Reaction score
lmao. I should get a reality tv show contract,I shall call it, "Low 15 Dreams" haha. the heartache, anticipation, drama, leaving everyone in anticipation haha.

I jsut realized all other car owners are probably laughing their asses off. $1500 for 150 WHP bwahahahhaha!! I get more stock.

but I can care less you gotta dance with the girl that brought you. :D

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
yeah, i'm glad someone is doing it. people don't understand the "i'm doing this for me, not you asshole!!!"

you got my attention. good luck with that. let us know what comes out of it. post pictures and sound clips and videos and everything.

angelplus

Reaction score
theaccordian said:
Im doing this becasue I got to work with what I got (f23),
I want to learn about my car, and I just want to make my car faster than it is.

Thats the only way to think of it :) I give you a lot of credit for doing it, becuase when you do **** to your car just to get HP gains and all that and dont give a rats *** about doing it themselves and figuring how it works, I respect it.

Totalimmortal

Reaction score
I said it over in E-H, thank god we don't drive Scoin xB's. Those bad boys lay like 80whp stock. A blown xB lays 123whp and turbocharged at 8.5-9psi are laying 130whp. Sad.

Back