Stupid screw

WhiteAccord

Banned
Reaction score
so n e ways i was trying to install my new 04 tl rear sway bar. almost had everything off but then there was a stupid screw that kept turning and turning and it wont come out.... tried wd40 anyone know what i can do?any techniques?

theaccordian

Reaction score
I believe your talking about the endlink? if so, its becasue its a hex bolt, you gotta find the right size hex, shove it in the bolt to keep it from spininng and use a use (I forget the size) wrench and twist it while holding it in place with the hex.

WhiteAccord

Banned
Reaction score
ight thanks guys but now i have another problem i gues i had to much pressure and now the inside of the helix screw is stripped wud now?

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
WhiteAccord said:
ight thanks guys but now i have another problem i gues i had to much pressure and now the inside of the helix screw is stripped wud now?

go to a hardware store and tell them you stripped a screw, they can hook you up with a bit to drill into the stripped screw so you can get it out.

or you can be ghetto and get a piece of scrap and superglue the end into where you're supposed to hold the hex screwdriver lol. you can't use the endlink again anyways

whitey2kaccord

Reaction score
Wildman said:
or you can be ghetto and get a piece of scrap and superglue the end into where you're supposed to hold the hex screwdriver

Took the words right outta my mouth. Don't hate on ghetto, though. It works. :D

klee

Reaction score
WhiteAccord said:

Oh man, that really sucks. You pretty much have to buy a new end link if you don't take it out carefully.

WhiteAccord

Banned
Reaction score
Ight thanks for your advices finally got it off and just finished installing the sway bar about to go test it will post piks later

Back