My new film SLR camera

Raymond

Reaction score
My Nikon N65 just came in yesterday. Waiting on the film/paper now so I can get started shooting with it. I needed this for my Interm Photography class, only reason I bought the thing. It's a damn nice camera though, got it used off adorama.com for a great price, and my local camera shop said it might as well be brand new, it's in perfect condition.

004.jpg

005.jpg

wewt

Next I'll be ordering some Hoya filters for the Rebel, UV and a circular polarizer to be specific.

Anyone ever ordered the cheap flashes they sell on eBay?

This is the one I'm looking at for the Rebel, I really don't have $400 to spend on a Canon flash and I'm thinking this would be better than nothing (aka using the crappy built-in flash).

http://videocameracenter.com/ (edit: ugh they don't allow direct linking, Flash -> Canon -> Alternative Digital Flash For Canon Speedlite 580EX New $79.00 )

I'm going to be getting some wireless external flashes eventually as well.

Last edited:

shavedaccord

Reaction score
Re: Official DSLR Owner's Club

I wouldn't risk the cheap flashes on eBay, especially for the Rebel, they can damage the hot shoe. Look into Sunpak or Vivitars.

As for UV & CPL's don't go too cheap on them either, image quality can suffer.

shavedaccord

Reaction score
Re: Official DSLR Owner's Club

Yeah that should work. Might look at Strobists (strobist.blogspot.com) they pretty believe in the best possible lighting at the cheapest possible cost.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
old is my grandma's kodak folder using 620 film...from the 40s :lawl:

lol ive got my dads fuji st801 from 1977...among other oldies :lawl:

Raymond

Reaction score
lol, so I developed my first roll of film last week and made my first prints yesterday in class. As time consuming and tedious as the work is, I really enjoy it. I just really hate how you can't see the pictures until it's "too late." It's not like digital where you see the picture as soon as you take it... if it's out of focus, underexposed, at the wrong angle, whatever whatever... you don't know any of that until you've shot an entire roll, and spent the time developing it. Pain in the *** haha, now I'm like nervous to keep shooting because I feel like I'm wasting supplies.

The pictures actually came out though, it was mainly these two I really wanted to print that came out everrrrr so out of focus that got me mad. haha

Back