damn e-brake light problem again

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
i'm having a problem on my 6th gen where my e-brake light comes on when it's cold. if i leave the car over a cold night and turn it on in the morning the e-brake light turns on. after 10-15 minutes of driving it goes away. i also noticed that when i made a hard turn today while it was off, it came on. then after a bit of driving it went away complete with or without hard turns.

Neight

Reaction score
my e-brake light went on and off while i was driving, so I stuck some black tape over it and I don;t see the light anymore. haha no really I think you have a dirty brake fluid reservior cap and sensor, you can try to clean it or go to the dealership and get a new one. It cost about 35 bucks to replace it. Hope this helps your problem .

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
the sensor in the brake fluid resivoir might be going bad? im not sure, i know that since my pads are worn down, then after a while my ebrake light would come on when i would go from a stop, but would go away when i would be up to speed. turns out my fluid was too low, so i added some to take the light away.....could be the same problem with you guys too maybe? idk how to test to see if the cap sensor is going bad, haha, if i did, id tell ya.

jonblizz

Reaction score
Yeah ive been having the same problem so this weekend i checked my brake fluid and cap both were fine so i checked the pads themselves they were pretty worn down so i replaced them and the light has been off ever since !!!
YO y do they actually have a warranty on brake pads, how about the last 3 or 4 times I've changed my pads i simply took them back to Autozone and claimed there was a defect cus the pads were craked and got new pads and not only got new pads but was able to get upgrades by paying the difference!!! Does anyone else do this ?!?!? I'm gonna see how many times i can do this b4 they catch on

Last edited:

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
i found out that the light could be caused by the brake fluid floatie sensor. my pads were fine, everything was fine, but the floaty was dirty so it kept getting stuck on the bottom making the sensor think there was little or no brake fluid.

yo jonblizz, that's ****ing crazy! i wouldn't mind trying that. i'd buy some ****ing expensive OEM or Green Stuff for the **** of it!

Back