Lock acutator

Bxflyist6thgen

Reaction score
Hey guys both my driver side door acutators work when ever they want to a lately they have been off lol can any 1 show me a pix or give me a part number for the parts that i need to fix this problem and how much do they assume it will cost i do everything to my car so istalling these things schouldnt be hard post any info u guys have on here also do i need 98-02 acutators or can i use any accord acuators

chasnsx

Reaction score
You not only need '98-02 actuators, but the lock actuators are specific to each door. You can get them for about $50.00 each at the delership. As far as installing them, you can follow the DIY thread for stereo speaker installation in order to get the door panels off. Once you do that, peel back the plastic weather insulation, and be very careful not to get the caulking goop on yourself or your clothes as it will never come off.

The actuator is located in the back of the door near the lock mechanism. In order to get to it, you have to remove the window and the rear window guide. Lower the window halfway until the bolts line up with two holes in the inner door. Remove the bolts and have a friend help you take out the window by dipping the front of it down a little and sliding it up out of the door. Put it somewhere safe. One bolt in the bottom rear of the door will loosen the window guide, and then it slides downward out of a clip inside the top of the door. Then there is a plastic shroud over the actuator. This must be removed. It is held by one tiny screw. Remove it, and you will see how the actuator fits in and links to the lock. Two tiny screws hold the actuator in place. Remove them, disconnect the electrical plug, and then take out the old actuator. There is a metal bracket on the back of it that must be transferred to the new actuator. After that, installation is the reverse of the above procedure.

Chas

nexTOme

Reaction score
You not only need '98-02 actuators, but the lock actuators are specific to each door. You can get them for about $50.00 each at the delership. As far as installing them, you can follow the DIY thread for stereo speaker installation in order to get the door panels off. Once you do that, peel back the plastic weather insulation, and be very careful not to get the caulking goop on yourself or your clothes as it will never come off.

The actuator is located in the back of the door near the lock mechanism. In order to get to it, you have to remove the window and the rear window guide. Lower the window halfway until the bolts line up with two holes in the inner door. Remove the bolts and have a friend help you take out the window by dipping the front of it down a little and sliding it up out of the door. Put it somewhere safe. One bolt in the bottom rear of the door will loosen the window guide, and then it slides downward out of a clip inside the top of the door. Then there is a plastic shroud over the actuator. This must be removed. It is held by one tiny screw. Remove it, and you will see how the actuator fits in and links to the lock. Two tiny screws hold the actuator in place. Remove them, disconnect the electrical plug, and then take out the old actuator. There is a metal bracket on the back of it that must be transferred to the new actuator. After that, installation is the reverse of the above procedure.

Chas

wow

look how old that thread is :slap:
and you might wanna do some research on who this guy is :lawl:

xi0utlawstarix

Reaction score

Chas

Its only $26 for the actuator at the dealership.
i took some pictures when replacing my actuator. :leeann:

chas' write-up + my pics = diy :roy:

Last edited:

f23accord2000

Reaction score
mine was 45.00 bucks from the dealership and man was is a b i t ch ,i couldn't get my huge hands back in the little corner,i used my finger tips the whole time, good luck

Last edited:

xi0utlawstarix

Reaction score
ACTUATOR ASSY.
$25.65 from the dealership

RIGHT, PS
PART # 72115-S84-A11

LEFT, DS
PART # 72155-S84-A11

Remove the door trim panels. (search for diy :darryl:, its somewhere on the forum)

The actuator is located in the back of the door near the lock mechanism.
1.jpg

7.jpg

In order to get to it, you have to remove the window and the rear window guide. Lower the window halfway until the bolts line up with two holes in the inner door.
Remove the bolts and have a friend help you take out the window by dipping the front of it down a little and sliding it up out of the door.
2.jpg

3.jpg

Put it somewhere safe.
4.jpg

One bolt in the bottom rear of the door will loosen the window guide, and then it slides downward out of a clip inside the top of the door.
6.jpg

5.jpg

Then there is a plastic shroud over the actuator. This must be removed. It is held by one tiny screw.
8.jpg

9.jpg

Remove it, and you will see how the actuator fits in and links to the lock. 3 tiny screws hold the actuator in place. Remove them, disconnect the electrical plug, and then take out the old actuator.
10.jpg

There is a metal bracket on the back of it that must be transferred to the new actuator.
11.jpg

After that, installation is the reverse of the above procedure.

Make sure that little thingy is in the hole :rolleyes:.
12.jpg

Test the window and door lock before putting the panels back.

IcyAccord

Reaction score
wth.. the sedans are so freaking easy, so much room..

Back