Pics. 56K, stay away?

tnguyen600

Reaction score
So i borrowed my buddy's starter lens and spent a a couple of hours playing around with the shutter speed and aperture setting. This is my first time really taking photos with a slr.

Swords.jpg

StrutTower.jpg

Spoiler.jpg

Si.jpg

Screws.jpg

Screw.jpg

Rim.jpg

Rim1.jpg

Light.jpg

Key.jpg

Fruit.jpg

Fixing.jpg

EngineBay.jpg

Engine.jpg

Doll.jpg

Cup.jpg

Chris.jpg

Brake.jpg

Block.jpg

henreeezy xp

Reaction score
nice pics... looks like a lot of noise though. what was your iso setting?

henreeezy xp

Reaction score
lol thats why... for day time, use like 100 or something... and at night if u want the best quality, use 100 + tripod.

dynasty

Reaction score
depending on your f-stop, i usually keep mine around 100. i just tested out my 50mm f1.8 last night. i set it to 50iso with flash on f1.8 but when i set it to f4 i had to set it to close to 5 or 8 iso with flash. i used manual mode which is hard but you have to adjust as quickly as you can.

A-cord

Reaction score
ok yeah that's def the shop and that's def chris to's boosted si.. that bastard.. wow what a small fcukin world.. and yeah i used to live up by philly if you're wondering how i know

Last edited:

finch13

Reaction score
depending on your f-stop, i usually keep mine around 100. i just tested out my 50mm f1.8 last night. i set it to 50iso with flash on f1.8 but when i set it to f4 i had to set it to close to 5 or 8 iso with flash. i used manual mode which is hard but you have to adjust as quickly as you can.

WHAT?!?! The lowest ISO is 100... I think you are talking shutter speed. At ISO 100 the lowest shutter speed you can safely use without a tripod is about 1/30 - 1/60 for still objects.

You should always shoot with the lowest ISO possible. Good (fast) lenses make it a lot easier to shoot with fast shutters in low light using a low ISO.

Also, if you pop up the flash in Program, Aperture Priority, Shutter Priority it will change your shutter to 1/60.

dynasty

Reaction score
WHAT?!?! The lowest ISO is 100... I think you are talking shutter speed. At ISO 100 the lowest shutter speed you can safely use without a tripod is about 1/30 - 1/60 for still objects.

You should always shoot with the lowest ISO possible. Good (fast) lenses make it a lot easier to shoot with fast shutters in low light using a low ISO.

Also, if you pop up the flash in Program, Aperture Priority, Shutter Priority it will change your shutter to 1/60.

oops, thought we were talking about the shutter speed for the ISO. bahaha! but yeah, i set my numbers low for shutter speed with an external flash instead of the pop-up flash when i take pictures that is dark. my fault =]

Last edited:
Back