D4 is blinking, but it's not typical of a blown tranny.

shavedaccord

Reaction score
I noticed today while my car was idling my D4 light started blinking and my first reaction was great, another tranny down the drain. Well sure enough it shifted hard, didn't wanna move ETC.. So I turned the car off came inside and called Honda went through their bull**** run around, go back out and start the car magically the problem is gone but the check engine light is still on. I let it idle for about 5 minutes and suddenly D4 starts blinking again and the tranny starts acting up again. So for some reason when the tranny/engine is cooled down the tranny works fine, but soon as it warms up it starts blinking D4 and acting like it's blown. Anyone else run into this problem or a solution? I honestly don't think the tranny is blown.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
so the code should be a 70, and this is what the "cel codes" thread says...

P0700, P0715, P0720, P0725, P0730, P0740, P0753, P0758, P0763, P0780 70 A/T Concerns

so it could be anyone of those, which sucks cuz it really doesnt narrow it down, haha. but i guess youll def need a scanner to figure out exactly what it is.

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
Personally, I think it's the tranny
many people (including 3 friends) ad the same symptoms.
The D4 light starts to blink, the CEL cones on then their tranny died.
It even happened to a friend with a TL
Click here

MikeyMike

Reaction score
Could be a solenoid

its your car telling u in morse code... SWAP ME... SWAP ME... SWAP ME...

on the real tho, are your motor mounts good?

i blew out my motor mounts once and from the tranny/engine lifting, i cracked the soleniod ontop of the tranny (under the batterytray) it cracked from hittin the tray and gave me that problem (not saying this is ur solution but something to look into)

ps: everytime my tranny blew (3xs) i never got a blinking d4 light, it would slip a few times, throw the CEL's and then quit on me.

the D4 light most of the time points to a solenoid

Last edited:
Back