Help with Heat in Engine! HELP !

wesmac

Reaction score
Ok, Ive decided to go with a stainless steel header, but Ive heard it causes alot more heat in the engine bay. I have a sri, so wouldnt that defeat the purpose? How do I remedy this? Get an intake heat shield? Also, will this excess heat hurt anything? I drive 100 miles a day, at least for the summer, and I go on trips of around 300 miles or so every few months, will trips like this effect the header/engine in any way due to the excess heat?

Last edited:

theaccordian

Reaction score
sri heat soak bad enough stock. im sure you know how hot a header can get. A sri sucking up that molten hot air is just silly.

get a CAI or wrap the header.

wesmac

Reaction score
what if I put the stock heat cover back on? Ive seen a guy paint it black, and put it back on, didnt look too bad. My filter lies directly beside the battery, so the factory intake pipe hole is right where my filter is, and the resonator is out, so I hope that should protect it from the bulk of the heat. I think Ill still look for a cold air though. Anyone wanna swap? lol

Last edited:

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
it also isn't going to cut down heat enough to prevent heat soak, unfortunately. your best bet would be to wrap the pipes, but that voids warranty and makes them more likely to crack

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
wrap ur header... tht's y u should have bought a ceramic header ;)

wesmac

Reaction score
mild steel is supposed to be worse to wrap than ss. Thats one reason why nascar rarely wrap theirs anymore, they have to replace them after every race due to the wrap being the only thing holding the header together by the time the race is over

wesmac

Reaction score
I think Im installing it all tomorrow, do you guys think its going to mess anything up for the short time I have it as is? Ill try to get a cai asap, or try to get something together to keep the intake cool via heat shield ????

Back