transmission sizing

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
i wanted to know, does any transmission from F22, F23, H22, H23 fit in the 6th gen. Honda-Tech mentioned this on their tranny swap, but i am not sure. here is my real question. is it possible to swap the stock F23 AT with an H22 LSD AT?

does it matter what year car it came from (other than for milage)? will it be a direct fit since it's AT -> AT, less work than AT->MT?

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yes any F/H engine/tranny combo is interchangeable. Except that of the S2k.

As for the A/T to A/T swap, it will definately bolt up, most sensors should be in the same spots, etc. Can't tell you much more than that. I'm pretty sure the Prelude "LSD" auto will bolt up but the wiring will be a bigger pain than rewiring your car for a 5spd.

HandoEX

Reaction score
BlkCurrantKord said:
Yes any F/H engine/tranny combo is interchangeable. Except that of the S2k.

As for the A/T to A/T swap, it will definately bolt up, most sensors should be in the same spots, etc. Can't tell you much more than that. I'm pretty sure the Prelude "LSD" auto will bolt up but the wiring will be a bigger pain than rewiring your car for a 5spd.
FallenAngelHIM...I'll sell ya a brand new Rywire/JKOBD jumper harness for converting to an OBD1 H22 lsd auto tranny for super cheap. I paid $250 and would take much less than that since I no longer have a use for it :mad: This would take care of the wiring problems.

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
like all my other questions, i was asking for general knowledge. actually, the reason behind this is that the extended transmission warranty for many of us will be up. that and modifications that tend to void it (at least according to Honda). so, once the warranty is up and if something should go wrong, i'd figure i could get a stronger tranny. i'm just planning for the future. and from what i read the H22 LSD auto is an OBD2, or was the person a complete idiot?

retroshark

Reaction score
the h22 tranny isnt actually all that strong. the b series are the strongest trannies for the honda FWD cars.

Back