Methanol Injection

angelplus

Reaction score
I know some guys who actually have this in their cars and that run this on a daily basis. Other then the fact that they have 30K plus in their cars.. I actually put some into my gas and saw a huge difference in pickup and go. But it was such a little amount it didn't even last that long.

So if you know anything about this lmk it looks cool and theres actually a kit from summitracing that I could pick up for cheap lol. I also heard that methanol is so cheap.

Totalimmortal

Reaction score
To my knowledge, methanol injection is mainly used for high boost applications to help alleviate knock. It may have other uses, but I work with a turbo genius so that's the only thing I've heard it used for.

angelplus

Reaction score
I looked at summit racing.com and they said that its for N/A cars too!@

Totalimmortal

Reaction score
Hmmm...I'd have to do some research on it. The reason it's used for high boost(25+psi) is that it can resist knock. Basically, highly resistive detonation. I'll ask my buddy today at work.

angelplus

Reaction score
Totalimmortal said:
Just got the low down. Meth super cools the intake air. So, for every 5 degrees of temp drop, HP goes up 1%.

WOW thats nuts. I'm going to look into this becuase I did see kits on summitracing.com for methanol injection on N/A engines. Thanks bro

TitaniumACC

Reaction score
your engine must be well-prepared for methanol/gas use. Methanol is corrosive for the engine so it would damage fuel lines, rails, injectors if these one are not made for an alcool-based fuel application.. I wouldn't put methanol in my car.

Back