Drum to Disc Conversion

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
anyone got an article or any information on this set up? i'm curious as to the price, the time it takes, and the difficulty. most importantly, the parts involved.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
youll prolly need:

new brake master cylinder
of course rear rotors, calipers, pads
maybe rear axels?
new lines

and thats all i can think of, but i know theres gotta be more.

TitaniumACC

Reaction score
this post won't help you but IMHO, doing this expensive conversion is very useless if you don't race your car on a track... You don't need this braking power for daily driving.. It's just nicer to look at disc for sure, but that's 400-500$ to the trash can..

Browntown

Reaction score
EliteStyles6th said:
lol yea i thought of the same idea...then i did sum homework,,, def not worth it.

Me too... talked to my bro-in-law (mechanic) and he just shook his head and told me it wasn't worth it for daily street driving. Too much time and $$.

chasnsx

Reaction score
I disagree with the folks who say that upgrading the rear drums to discs is not worth the trouble. I bought a new Integra in 1990. It had four wheel discs. I sold it in 1999 with 300K miles on it, and bought my 1999 Accord LX new, with discs/drums.

The ten year old Teg stopped way better than the brand new Accord, and the only difference was the rear discs. Come to that, my '03 Chevy Trailblazer stops better than the Accord and the Trailblazer weighs 5400 lbs empty-- but it has huge four wheel disc brakes.

Maybe drums work fine in Montreal and New York and Pennsylvania, but here in So Cal freeway traffic can go from eighty miles per hour to zero in a heartbeat, and for that kind of driving, I'll take four wheel discs any time.

Chas

Back