People pictures

RickyG

Reaction score
well not really just 2 of the same peson. but it's my first attampt of a person as my subject. please, be harsh on these if you can. all critisizm can do is help.

Thanks.

DSC_0030-1-1.jpg

CSC_0038.jpg

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
question.....what kinda of lighting did you use? they look pretty good....but the shadows are pretty harsh, esp for the eyes..but i am not sure if u were going for that or not

finch13

Reaction score
Can definitely tell it was lit from above... my advice if you were to shoot these same shots would be to bring a halogen work lamp and shine light at one side of his face to get a cool shadow effect.

RickyG

Reaction score
yeah, i'm still playing around with lighting, but the stuff in my school was limited. and it was lit from above, and in the chair picture i had a little light below.

hiddengamer7

Reaction score
This is a good start, but when you are working with people, I have found that it is really good to have a running dialogue with them and you can evoke very genuine emotions out of them just by having them talk with you. I know I shoot the best when I am close friends with the person because we can talk and work together very well. The only thing I can find is that these pictures do look pretty "posed" especially the second one, the balled up right hand covers part of his face and pulls a little from the image. This is a great start to shooting people though, so keep it up!

RickyG

Reaction score
^^^^^^^^^^^
thanks for the pointers, and i was pretty much just letting him do what he wanted, i kinda just suggested things for him to do.

Back