Civic Si (no 56K)

tnguyen600

Reaction score
What can I do to take better pics? lol I havent really played with the settings that much other than the shutter speed. It was sorta cloudy today. I had the polarizer filter on which I should've taken off.

HenrysSi001.jpg

HenrysSi004.jpg

HenrysSi005.jpg

HenrysSi006.jpg

HenrysSi011.jpg

HenrysSi020.jpg

HenrysSi021.jpg

HenrysSi028.jpg

HenrysSi029.jpg

HenrysSi027.jpg

HenrysSi033.jpg

HenrysSi035.jpg

Raymond

Reaction score
One thing I'd suggest by looking at the pictures is to work on your focusing. They are all slightly out of focus, or in focus on the wrong spot in the photos. If you're using AutoFocus and have the red focus dot in the middle, point the middle on what you want to focus on, and hold the shutter halfway down and then reposition the shot to the angle you want. That way it will be focused on where the subject is in the shot.

hiddengamer7

Reaction score
You need to work on keeping your focus in the proper areas, in a lot of the pictures, the focus is on a random object instead of the part that the eye is drawn too.

tnguyen600

Reaction score
yea, focusing is tough for me...especially since i have shakey hands. Any other tips for me? Im really considering taking a photography class at my college but i duno lol

nyknick1015

Reaction score
i like what you have there but the thing about car pics is taking them so close to the car at angles is good and bad... Good because of detail, you are up and close, if u focus right it can be a really great picture... Bad because half the time when pics are so close, i dont know what im looking at, you are giving me pieces of the car but never the full picture...

Raymond

Reaction score
None of those pictures look blurry from camera shake IMO. I'm pretty sure it was just the focusing issue, not the cold.

tnguyen600

Reaction score
rays right, the focus is out a lil. Thats a big problem with me lol I use to use manual focus a lot before but what looked to be focused on the screen, wasnt when I would upload them. So i switched to auto focus. I use the red dots and press half way down..so i duno lol

Zero-Defect

Reaction score
Auto focus isn't always the best. I only use it when I have to. Otherwise I do it manually. And def use a tripod. I use to just use a point and shoot camera and when I got my D90 I thought I could do without a tripod... get one, I was so much happier when I got mine. Try B&H Photo and Video, great prices.

Back